What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Re-opened: problems with MSN live

Re-opened: problems with MSN live
Author: Message:
Otaku

O.P. Re-opened: problems with MSN live
I have:

Windows live msn 8.1

and also yahoo.com email. I've been using msn for ages, no problems, but a day ago, maybe two, I had some serious problems:
- my nickname changes to email (I don't see that, other people do and they've told me)
- at random times (and they're between 10 to 20 minutes) I stop recieving what other people are writing me. I don't recieve any messages for couple of minutes, but other people mainly do what I write them

what could be wrong? This is really annoying. I don't have any viruses, I scanned my computer with AVG and then with bitdefender online scaner, nothing found. Also I use only opera, no internet explorer.

Does msn (live/plus) have any problems with yahoo accounts lately? What's wrong!?
06-28-2007 08:25 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
AngelDevil

MsgPlus! Script Developer

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Re-opened: problems with MSN live
Many antivirus don't find messenger viruses, expecially if they are zipped. But AVG and BitDefender, they yes... but it can be a new virus, not yet added to the virus database. The worm "PhotoAlbum.zip" was added to the database of NOD32, Avast and AVG many months after that it was infecting users pc in all the world.

It's strange that if your account never had any problem for years, it caused a big problem like this...

This post was edited on 06-28-2007 at 04:35 PM by AngelDevil.
http://www.amicogeek.it - Technology blog!
06-28-2007 04:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Otaku

O.P. RE: Re-opened: problems with MSN live
agreed, but I'm starting to think it was something wrong with msn live and yahoo accounts... I think it works ok now, still have to run some tests. Oh, and I switched back to msn 7.5 at home, at work I still have plus...
I have 2 different nicknames, for work and for home, they don't change though (when I log in at home I don't have the same nickname as when I login at work and the other way around).
Maybe that could be a problem too, but it wasn't for months.
06-29-2007 06:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: