What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Hacked

Hacked
Author: Message:
gary-kun

O.P. Undecided  Hacked
Hey i really need help. The password to my hotmail account changed, i have lots of contacts and emails which are very important to me on it.
At first i thought it was just a server problem or some sort, I'd never been hacked before.
However i realised my ebay account's password was changed! I was able to easily get support from their customer services and it turns out a third person put up 105 items on listings for samsung tv. Fortunately i did not put up a credit card for the selling fees to be paid. He entered his credit card details to pay the fees to put these items up but the service guy took them all down and returned all the money. I can still sell stuff with his credit card as its still on my profile.
With this happening I just knew it was the same guy who changed the password for my email. Is there any way i can get it back?? I contacted msn but they just gave me an automated message about passwords.

11-29-2007 08:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Hacked
If you made a secret question when you signed up the ''hacker'' may not have removed it or changed it. Try answering the secret question and if you gain access change you password.

Note for the future: Have differant passwors for everthing and make them random stuff like 3533jgv. Make shure you remember them thought. Good luck on getting your account back :)
No longer here.
11-29-2007 08:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
gary-kun

O.P. Undecided  RE: Hacked
i have tried the method but it says i give the wrong information all the time, to the point where i have to wait as it thinks im hacking into it. I'm really out of options  :'(

Is there no alternative method?  I don't want revenge just my email account back.
11-29-2007 08:37 PM
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
Well no not really. Just wait untill hotmail reply to your email. Sorry mate..
No longer here.
11-29-2007 08:45 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by gary-kun
Hey i really need help. The password to my hotmail account changed

Try to follow these instructions:
CookieRevised's reply to stolen hotmail account

And read the thread for more information, etc...

Good luck..

PS: in your case you could even provide MS with that eBay information and even a contact address of the guy who helped you getting your account back at eBay. Anything which might proof it is your account really...

This post was edited on 11-29-2007 at 09:02 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-29-2007 08:56 PM
gary-kun

O.P. RE: Hacked
Thanks for the helpful posts! I have sent a reply to the automated message which asks if it does not work to reply to them. I have copy and pasted the messages and notices ebay sent me regarding a third party user using my account. Also sent them my previous passwords and some contacts. However i did not put nay account information like secret answer etc or date of birth as i put unreal ones. Does this matter?
11-29-2007 09:33 PM
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Thanks for the helpful posts! I have sent a reply to the automated message which asks if it does not work to reply to them. I have copy and pasted the messages and notices ebay sent me regarding a third party user using my account. Also sent them my previous passwords and some contacts. However i did not put nay account information like secret answer etc or date of birth as i put unreal ones. Does this matter?

It might or it might now. It probably will, but maybe you can explain the situation to them. Wait for a response, and see what happens. Maybe the information you provided was enough for them to know for sure it was you.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
11-29-2007 09:35 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Thanks for the helpful posts! I have sent a reply to the automated message which asks if it does not work to reply to them.
yw, But don't forget to also follow the links I provided. They are especially for that purpose and you can provide as much info as you want and you wont get a standard auto-reply.

quote:
However i did not put nay account information like secret answer etc or date of birth as i put unreal ones. Does this matter?
Doesn't matter, as long as you can provide the info which you have put there... The reason being that MS can look the previous info, questions and answers up in their DB and thus verify that you once had access to that account and thus probably are the rightfull owner... Although the hacker might also know these things (as owner you can read your own info of course), except for the answer to the 'secret question', providing such info gives you more chance in proving the account is yours.

This post was edited on 08-30-2010 at 09:43 PM by CookieRevised.
11-29-2007 10:37 PM
gary-kun

O.P. RE: Hacked
I still havent got a reply yet from them T.T Should i give up hope?
12-04-2007 06:00 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
I still havent got a reply yet from them T.T Should i give up hope?
Did you followed the links I posted and made a report via those forums in the proper way? (Or did you just reply on those (semi-automatic) emails?)

This post was edited on 12-04-2007 at 06:17 PM by CookieRevised.
12-04-2007 06:16 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: