What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » In need of HELP!

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
In need of HELP!
Author: Message:
elena324

O.P. Huh?  In need of HELP!
I have some questions about the auto-response features I need some help on PLEASE!

If I go into 'personalized status', I get a box that's kind of like the one you have in your post.  What is the 'Name Tag' box for, and the difference between "Personal Message' and 'Auto-responder'?  And will 'Busy' instead of 'Away' work the same?  Also, can't the auto message just go out to anyone who sends me a message, or do I need an 'activation' word for it to work?

In the Answering machine, I have pretty much the same questions.  I just want to set it up for 1 immediate greeting to EVERYONE who IMs me, that's all.  I'm not trying to make it real complicated.

Thanks for everyone's help so far
01-05-2008 10:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: In need of HELP!
quote:
Originally posted by elena324
If I go into 'personalized status', I get a box that's kind of like the one you have in your post.  What is the 'Name Tag' box for, and the difference between "Personal Message' and 'Auto-responder'?  And will 'Busy' instead of 'Away' work the same?  Also, can't the auto message just go out to anyone who sends me a message, or do I need an 'activation' word for it to work?

Name Tag: What appears in your Name on your contact list.

For example if my Name is SonicSam and my PSM is LOLMONKEYS

If I set the nametag to "Eating" it'll make my name

SonicSam (Eating)

Personal Message Changes your Personal Message. That should be quite clear.

Busy and Away work the same.

And No you don't need an activation word. It works on any word.
01-05-2008 10:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
elena324

O.P. RE: RE: In need of HELP!
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:

Name Tag: What appears in your Name on your contact list.

For example if my Name is SonicSam and my PSM is LOLMONKEYS

If I set the nametag to "Eating" it'll make my name

SonicSam (Eating)

Personal Message Changes your Personal Message. That should be quite clear.

Busy and Away work the same.

And No you don't need an activation word. It works on any word.

Thank you, but what is the difference between 'Personal Message' and 'Auto-responder' boxes?

Also, are you familiar with the Answering Machine 2.6 and how it works?  That seems very confusing too with the different boxes 'Receive', 'Flag', etc.

Thanks for your help.
01-05-2008 10:35 PM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Thank you, but what is the difference between 'Personal Message' and 'Auto-responder' boxes?

Personal Message is what changes your Personal Message.

The auto responder box is what you reply with automatically when someone sends a message to you (what you are trying to do)

As for Answering Machine 2.6 I'll explain it a bit more.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=880267]

Name: What you want to name this "Auto Reply"
Recieve: What message does a contact have to SEND to YOU for you to reply with "Answer"
Answer: What you reply with to them.
Type: Set it to WORD
Who: Set to Contact

For what you are trying to do, I suggest you check the Flags..

-Ignore Case (could be CAPITAL or not)
-Any Word (could be at the beginning middle or end of the message he sends you)
-Delay message by 0 Seconds

.jpg File Attachment: Capture.JPG (30.75 KB)
This file has been downloaded 320 time(s).

This post was edited on 01-05-2008 at 10:44 PM by prashker.
01-05-2008 10:42 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Tooltip for Personal Message: New personal message to be displayed while using this status.
Tooltip for Auto-responder: The message you set here will automatically be sent to contacts who try to chat with you.

Difference is this.

If you don't see these tooltips when you hover on boxes, install and download latest 4.50.312 version of Messenger Plus! Live.

Answering Machine script is really confusing. The auto-responder feature of Messenger Plus! is simpler and easier, just write your message there and let it send it to your contacts. Answerin Machine checks the incoming message and sends a suitable answer to it, but Messenger Plus!'s auto-responder doesn't check anything. It sends the auto-reply at the moment any message is received from the contacts who you don't filter out with its dedicated filter.
01-05-2008 10:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
elena324

O.P. RE: In need of HELP!
Ahhh, thank you, that's much clearer now.

So if I get this right, 'Name tag' would put my personal status to, for example 'Elena (working)',

The 'Private Message', I guess, can be left blank (I don't really know what you'd need this part for),

And the 'Auto-Response' will automatically send the message I type to whoever IMs me.  Do I need to redo this everytime I sign on?

Thank you for the help so far, I was going crazy!
01-05-2008 11:27 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
So if I get this right, 'Name tag' would put my personal status to, for example 'Elena (working)',
Your real status will still be what you choose in "Show me as:" part among 6 different default statuses (online, busy, be right back, away, in a call, out to lunch). Name tag is only
quote:
Originally posted by the tooltip for this option
Label added next to your name to simulate the name of a new status in your contact's lists.
You may know that in Windows Messenger, contacts' statuses used to be shown in brackets and in a grey colour. But now in WLM, contacts' statuses are presented in the tooltip when you hover on them. But Messenger Plus! Live imitates that look on old Windows Messenger and simulates the tag you write in that box as a status.
quote:
The 'Private Message', I guess, can be left blank (I don't really know what you'd need this part for),
Not Private Message, it is again the usual Personal Message of Messenger. When you write anything there, it will be replaced with the current one (if any) and when you remove the personalized status, the old personal message will be restored or your personal message area will be made blank again. You have to fill at least one field in the personalized status window in order to define a personalized status, that is the exact point of a personalized status, otherwise if you won't write anthing in any box, why don't you just select a status among default statuses from status selector menus of Messenger?
quote:
And the 'Auto-Response' will automatically send the message I type to whoever IMs me.  Do I need to redo this everytime I sign on?
You have to redo it if you NEED it. Normally you always have a status when you signin, you don't always need a personalized status. Also it has a filter option and also it has a delay option in Messenger Plus! Live Preferences window>Customize!>Personalized Status. You can change the automatic repeat delay of auto responder message.

I hope this is clearer now.

This post was edited on 01-06-2008 at 12:31 AM by ahmetgns.
01-06-2008 12:28 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
elena324

O.P. RE: In need of HELP!
Yes it is.  Thank you so much.  It seems so complicated for someone who's never done it before.

Thanks for all your help.

One more question, if I just fill in the blanks, will it automatically start working, or is there something I need to turn on?
Hi, I just set up my autoresponder, and want to see if anybody would like to help me test it out real quick!

Thanks!

This post was edited on 01-06-2008 at 12:55 AM by elena324.
01-06-2008 12:44 AM
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Anybody wanna help me test my autoresponder real quick?
why not sign in with another account with poligami? =\
01-06-2008 03:47 AM
elena324

O.P. RE: Anybody wanna help me test my autoresponder real quick?
I'll have to check that out.

Thx.
01-06-2008 04:03 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: