What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] 365 Auto-Theme Script

[Request] 365 Auto-Theme Script
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Request] 365 Auto-Theme Script
hi everyone

as part of my skin i was wanting to add auto-theme technology, now then in skinning alone thats not acheivable, however i had an idea on how this can be done, some skins use .reg files to remove messengers ads, they do this by use of a path in the registry where you can find all the settings for your skin, in my skin my theme option has a REG_SZ setting in registry, now then in theory all i need is a script that can lookup the current date and on a certain date, set that REG_SZ value in my skins global settings to the desired theme name thus creating automatic theme selection (365 Auto-Theme).

now then in scripts i found a registry editing feature which is:

MsgPlus::ScriptRegPath

now assuming that can edit a skins registry settings then all i need for this to become a reality is a script developer who would like to create this script, of course i will give you credit for your hard work and the autotheme script could be packaged up in 365's skin pack.

now then i was thinking about the scripts options panel, some of my themes occur same date every year like christmas day etc, others like mothers day the date varies from one year to the next so the ones that are same date every year could be hard coded and the others like mothers day and birthday etc could be set from the scripts options panel so youd set a date then select which theme should be set on that date.

anyways if anyone would like to sink their teeth into this project please let me know, i have tried scripting several times and have really struggled with it so a script like this is far beyond my own abilities so any help people can give me would be greatly appreciated.
03-09-2008 10:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] 365 Auto-Theme Script
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
some of my themes occur same date every year like christmas day etc, others like mothers day the date varies from one year to the next so the ones that are same date every year could be hard coded and the others like mothers day and birthday etc could be set from the scripts options panel so youd set a date then select which theme should be set on that date
You might also be able to get the correct dates for all major events automatically from an online iCal calendar. The script could download and parse a calendar like the ones on http://icalshare.com/, they have they correct dates each year.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
03-09-2008 11:38 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Request] 365 Auto-Theme Script
cool menthix, i didnt know that, so all dates except things like birthdays which are unique to the individual can be hard coded based on an online calendar, cool.
03-09-2008 11:48 AM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
Before trying anything elaborate like this, I would hold on for the next version of Messenger Plus which brings a few changes in the way some parts of skinning works...

This post was edited on 03-09-2008 at 12:08 PM by Volv.
03-09-2008 12:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mynetx
Skinning Contest Winner

Microsoft insider

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Volv
I would hold on for the next version of Messenger Plus
Confirmed. ;)
mynetx - Microsoft, enhanced.

You have a problem or issue with Windows, Internet
Explorer or Office?
Send a tweet!
03-09-2008 01:22 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
It's easy to do now, but I do agree on this new version of Plus! It's the sex ;)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
03-09-2008 05:08 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
oh really, so new version of plus will make doing this easier? cool any idea on an approximate release date? emphasis on approximate.
03-09-2008 06:13 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
oh really, so new version of plus will make doing this easier?
Maybe, not necessarily.
quote:
cool any idea on an approximate release date? emphasis on approximate.
Possibly, by approximation, it might be released in the vicinity of some time between 1970 and 2030.
03-10-2008 10:00 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
wow, well i know you said that autotheme technology may only probably be released in next version of plus, however if it takes 22 years to write the next version then im sure its pretty highly like it will lol.
03-10-2008 06:04 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: