What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » I need help deleting chat logs (but its not that simple PLEASE HELP)

I need help deleting chat logs (but its not that simple PLEASE HELP)
Author: Message:
thesaint55

O.P. Sad  I need help deleting chat logs (but its not that simple PLEASE HELP)
I have chat logs on my computer that I didn't know about because I thought I uninstalled Messenger Plus but I guess I didn't. I saw my mom looking at them and I made her get off them. I find that it is a huge invasion of my privacy to read those. I tried deleting them while I was at her house but she took out the power chord for the computer. I took the power chord back and took it to my dad's house (where I am now). I need to find a way to delete those chat logs because I now do not have access to my mom's computer. When I open the chat logs on my computer it opens them in an internet browser, does this mean they are on a server online somewhere? I really need to get rid of them.
05-21-2008 10:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: I need help deleting chat logs (but its not that simple PLEASE HELP)
If you uninstalled Messenger Plus! then it can not generate chat logs.

If there are Messenger Plus! chat logs present, then they were created during the time that you had Messenger Plus! installed and the logging feature enabled.

There is nothing stored online. Chat logs are stored locally on your computer. If something opens up in Internet Explorer it does not mean it comes from the internet. Internet Explorer is just a program like any other which can open several types of files, for example pictures.

The location of your chat logs depend on what you've set the location to be. This can be different for anyone, and even different per Windows account.

Just delete the logs (if your reading them, you obviously know were they are on your computer)...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-21-2008 11:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: I need help deleting chat logs (but its not that simple PLEASE HELP)
Hello.

Let's get the obvious out of the way; always delete logs after cybersex.

Now, as far as deleting some chatlogs on another pc, it is totally impossible unless you have a remote desktop software. You see, the chatlogs, although they display in a browser window, are actually files stored on the computer's hard drive.

Now, I don't actually need to tell you that you can't (or at least should not) get to play in people's files. (Just image if I could from my house access your files, that'd be hacking into a computer).

The only legal way you can acess the computer by not being in front of it is by some remote access software. For instance, Microsoft Windows XP Pro (or Vista pro and Ultimate) will offer you the option to connect to your computer by remote distance, allowing you to be able to work on your computer as if it were in front of you.

Now, I am morally obliged to say that even if your mother's computer do have remote access and that you have her password; accessing it without her approval would probaly be wrong (at least morally).

My piece of advice; there's an option in messenger plus! to encrypt chatlog (therefore no one can open it without a password). I'd use it if I were you. :)
05-21-2008 11:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
thesaint55

O.P. RE: RE: I need help deleting chat logs (but its not that simple PLEASE HELP)
Damn that sucks, it was worth a shot I guess.
And I wasn't doing cybersex that shit's stupid. I just don't want her finding out about me smoking pot.
05-21-2008 11:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: