What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Plus! uninstalling itself from windows live messenger?

Plus! uninstalling itself from windows live messenger?
Author: Message:
etxeberria

33 / Female / Flag
O.P. Undecided  Plus! uninstalling itself from windows live messenger?
Whenever I restart my computer, Messenger Plus! has uninstalled itself from msn messenger.

I do not  have SweetIM or SmileyCentral installed, and yes, I checked to make sure.

I'm running the latest versions of both windows live messenger and messenger plus.

Does anyone know why this is happening?
03-30-2009 04:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Plus! uninstalling itself from windows live messenger?
Administrators account?
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
03-30-2009 05:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
etxeberria

33 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Plus! uninstalling itself from windows live messenger?
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Administrators account?
I'm not sure what you mean by that?
03-30-2009 05:06 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
Messenger Plus! Live Disappears after restart

Try reading the above thread, there's a few other programs as well as SweetIM and SmileyCentral and are incompatible with Messenger Plus! Live.

And Chris was asking if you had administrator priveleges on the account on your computer, but that won't make a difference in this case.  It is most likely to be one of the programs listed in the above thread.

If you do not have any of those programs, please post a screenshot of your Add/Remove Programs (XP) or Programs & Features (Vista) as there may be another incompatible program that we are not yet aware of
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5250 days, 3 hours, 19 minutes, 40 seconds ago
03-30-2009 05:57 AM
etxeberria

33 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Messenger Plus! Live Disappears after restart

Try reading the above thread, there's a few other programs as well as SweetIM and SmileyCentral and are incompatible with Messenger Plus! Live.

And Chris was asking if you had administrator priveleges on the account on your computer, but that won't make a difference in this case.  It is most likely to be one of the programs listed in the above thread.

If you do not have any of those programs, please post a screenshot of your Add/Remove Programs (XP) or Programs & Features (Vista) as there may be another incompatible program that we are not yet aware of

Oh, I see. I do have administrative privileges.

Here's a screenshot of the programs installed on my computer. I don't have any of the programs you listed installed. Note that messenger plus doesn't uninstall itself from my computer, only live messenger. I have to go to my installed programs and repair messenger plus every time I restart my computer.

I'm not sure why this is happening, it's been like this for a few days. I think it's been happening ever since I installed the latest plus! & the latest windows live messenger, which was a few days ago. Plus! worked fine before that.

.jpg File Attachment: installed programs.jpg (181.08 KB)
This file has been downloaded 106 time(s).
03-30-2009 06:22 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by etxeberria
Note that messenger plus doesn't uninstall itself from my computer, only live messenger. I have to go to my installed programs and repair messenger plus every time I restart my computer.

You've contradicted yourself here.  Do you mean that you have to repair Messenger Plus! Live or Windows Live Messenger?

Have you tried completely uninstalling both pieces of software and then doing clean re-installs, starting with Windows Live Messenger?
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5250 days, 3 hours, 19 minutes, 40 seconds ago
03-30-2009 07:17 AM
etxeberria

33 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:
Originally posted by etxeberria
Note that messenger plus doesn't uninstall itself from my computer, only live messenger. I have to go to my installed programs and repair messenger plus every time I restart my computer.

You've contradicted yourself here.  Do you mean that you have to repair Messenger Plus! Live or Windows Live Messenger?

Have you tried completely uninstalling both pieces of software and then doing clean re-installs, starting with Windows Live Messenger?

I have to repair messenger plus!.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both once on the night of 3/27, after I restarted and noticed Plus! wasn't showing up. It didn't seem to help.
03-30-2009 08:19 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: