What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Windws Live refusing to open!

Windws Live refusing to open!
Author: Message:
bluenoisedude

O.P. Windws Live refusing to open!
Hi all,

Been having this problem since yesterday, i was just running Windows Live with Windows Plus! Live installed normally like i do everyday chatting to my friends etc, and it comes up with this error:

AppName: msnmsgr.exe      AppVer: 8.5.1302.1018     AppStamp:4717a53b
ModName: unknown      ModVer: 0.0.0.0      ModStamp:00000000
fDebug: 0       Offset: b431f29c

It gives me the option to send an error report etc. which i have done numerous times. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Windows Live Messenger and Windows Plus! Live, all to no success. It seems that if i install just Windows Live Messenger, it signs in and opens fine, but as soon as i install Windows Plus! Live it dosn't sign in and keeps coming up with the above error message. I can still sign into my hotmail account through hotmail.com and ive tried signing into other accounts as well, but they all come up with the same error. I have the latest versions of Java, Adobe Reader, and all my Windows Updates are completed if it helps?

I could also attach the full contents of the error message in a later thread if it helps?

Im using Windows Live Messenger version 8.5.1302.1018 and am installing the latest version of Windows Plus! Live before i et the error message. I'm using Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3.

This problem is really bugging me now as i cant chat to my friends! Any help would be much appreciated,

Thank you all

Chris =D

This post was edited on 04-02-2009 at 06:08 PM by bluenoisedude.
04-02-2009 05:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
D4v3

– / Male / Flag
RE: Windws Live refusing to open!
Hey mate,

Just to let you know, I am experiencing the exact same thing as you are.  This in itself is interesting, as I thought it may be my machine that was being weird, but if you see a couple threads below this one I posted something with the same issue...  (see here)

I am currently using a different chat client, because I refuse to use MSN without Plus!  I don't think you'll be able to fix it - there's some weird conflict going on somewhere, and especially seeing as it's not an isolated issue.  This is probably of no help to you, but you're not experiencing a problem that no one else is!

Let's wait and see what happens!

Dave

This post was edited on 04-02-2009 at 06:33 PM by D4v3.
04-02-2009 06:27 PM
bluenoisedude

O.P. RE: Windws Live refusing to open!
Thanks for the reply!

Ive been researching it , but unfortunately nothing helpful has really cropped up yet. I was also thinking it to be something wrong with my system, as i have had problems in the past, but im not entirely sure. Hopefully it will sort itself out in the next update or something. Im using it without plus atm, but sucks as all you can see in peoples names are the codes for where they put colours etc. ah well, all i can do is hope really =/

Once again thanks for the reply =D

Chris =D
04-02-2009 06:37 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: