What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » [split] AVG / MSG not showing in WLM 9.0......

[split] AVG / MSG not showing in WLM 9.0......
Author: Message:
maph01

O.P. RE: MSG not showing in WLM 9.0......
I have the same problem... MPL is not showing... I get to the fact the is the AVG antivirus the one that is blocking something... why so i said this? beacuse, it stop working after rebooting for an avg update... After this, another program stop working (TeraCopy).. just added that to the Exceptions in AVG and start working... so I added all the dll's under the mpl install directory to the Potentialy Unwanten Programs Exceptions, but no luck.... i don't know if there is another dll or exe in another directory that should be added....

i also notice that there are not Registry entries for the msgplus, no  "HKCU\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\your@email.com", and just some of the globalSettings were there...

i did a system restore, to the point where the plus worked, export the registry keys, undo the system restore, import the registry keys, but the first time i start msn, it crashed... then i try to run it again but the MPL is not showing again... i also try a Repair Installation for the MPL, but it clears all the keys in the registry... reimported again, and mpl still not showing...

Using a process explorer, i also see the the MsgPlusLive.dll is loading in the messenger that is not showing the plus add on.. and in the one where i used the restore option, was the MsgPlusLive1.dll the one loading, i don't know if this is relevant....

have no clue where to go from here... now i'm going to unistall avg, reinstall msn, mpl, and if necesary reimport the registry keys...hope someone could find why is this happening....

Thanks in advance for any help you could give....

Map-h

This post was edited on 03-12-2010 at 10:51 PM by maph01.
03-12-2010 09:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

38 / Male / Flag
RE: MSG not showing in WLM 9.0......
quote:
Originally posted by maph01
I have the same problem... MPL is not showing... I get to the fact the is the AVG antivirus the one that is blocking something... i notice that there are not Registry entries for the msgplus... i do a system restore, to the point where the plus worked, export the registry keys, undo de system restore, import the registry keys, but the first time i start msn, it crashes... then i try to run it again but the MPL is not showing again... i also try a Repair Installation for the MPL, but it also clears all the keys in the registry... have no clue where to go from here... now i'm going to unistall avg, reinstall msn, mpl, and if necesary reimport the registry keys...hope someone could find why is this happening....

Thanks in advance for any help you could give....

Map-h

AVG shouldn't be blocking Messenger Plus! Live as I used it successfully on several computers for a number of years.

Have you checked the following list:

Messenger Plus! Live Disappears after restart
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5377 days, 10 hours, 21 minutes, 25 seconds ago
03-12-2010 10:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
maph01

O.P. RE: MSG not showing in WLM 9.0......
Yes I did... i have never installed all that...

Sorry.. i havent see your answer, and i updated my past post with more detail...

I found it should be AVG, because of the last Updat.e.. is the only thing that changed after MLP stop working... i think it was a windows update, but discarted that, because i also did a system restore, and prevent windows from install updates.. it work for some hours, then avg installed its update, and stop working again....

I have also been using avg for more than 2 or 3 years, with no problem for the mpl... maybe something was added int he new update... im using AVG Antivurs 9.0.790, virus database: 271.1.1/2741... is not the free version.. i paid for it... =(...

uninstalling now to confirm if this is the problem....
03-12-2010 10:56 PM
maph01

O.P. RE: [split] AVG / MSG not showing in WLM 9.0......
After some test, and activating the User Account Control to the "Always notify me"  level... i get that the App interfeiring with MLP is AirFoil [http://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/windows/]... when the option "Enable Instant Hijack" is on...  by turning this option off, MLP cames back...

Airfoil is a program that sends any program audio to an AirTunes speaker.... maybe you should add this to the page where the applications that make MLP disappear are listed... So, it is not AVG... =)

Map-h

This post was edited on 03-17-2010 at 07:12 PM by maph01.
03-17-2010 07:11 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

38 / Male / Flag
RE: [split] AVG / MSG not showing in WLM 9.0......
Added it, thanks for letting me know (Y)
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5377 days, 10 hours, 21 minutes, 25 seconds ago
03-17-2010 08:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: