What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Colour Fade plugin

Pages: (8): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 » Last »
Colour Fade plugin
Author: Message:
nus

Humanoid Typhoon is coming!

– / Male / –
RE: Colour Fade plugin
Hey Patchou:
you see how popular is the /xfade plugin???
you will add it to msgplus!, no???? :D
it's great

billywoods1:

I don't think that nobody's has stolen your idea, he's only got the same idea. the gradier is something that so many people was waiting for, and, naturly, one of them (finn) do a plugin. And C++ is so easy, you can learn it so fast ;)
Kanashimi wo yasashisa ni
07-05-2003 08:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Liquid

MGS rules

37 / Male / –
Grin  RE: Colour Fade plugin
This is a cool plugin thx (Y)
..:: Don't drink'n'drive smoke and fly ::..
07-05-2003 10:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
bkwoodroff

Crazed Guitarist

37 / Male / –
this is a great plugin, but i have an idea for the char limit. the only downside is the plugin would be required to see it.
i've never programmed for messenger, but would it be possible to send the /xfade command and hex codes as hidden chars to the other user, then have then interpretted client-side as they're received? if you understand what i mean? it would be less text sent, and then its just a matter of the plugin recognising the hidden chars and creating the fade.
~I was kicked out of scouts for eating a brownie!
07-06-2003 01:03 AM
leito

Chameleon by KeyStorm

37 / Male / –
but in that case, both Messengers, would need to have the plugin, and thats the magic (*) of this one!
07-06-2003 01:05 AM
bkwoodroff

Crazed Guitarist

37 / Male / –
thats true, but they both need plus anyways correct? and i mean, patchou likes the plugin already...maybe in the next version it could be released with plus and then you wouldn't have to worry about the independant plugin.
07-06-2003 01:07 AM
leito

Chameleon by KeyStorm

37 / Male / –
that could be really cool! Patchou just have to use some ideas of millions of people (that could make their own plugins) to improve Plus! and I´m sure Finn is not against that!
07-06-2003 01:15 AM
bkwoodroff

Crazed Guitarist

37 / Male / –
exactly, and he doesn't even have to code it into plus, he can make it a "plugin pack" and the automatic installation installs it, but the custom installation has the option. That way he can list it as a 3rd party plugin pack, and still not be liable for anything going wrong. Because if he coded it into plus, i'm sure he would end up redoing everything, and we don't want plugins to make his life hell.
07-06-2003 01:18 AM
3vilboy

I've got a bit of a problem with the plugin. It works fine at my msn but when I send the .dll file to someone else and tell them what to do it doesn't work.
It only works at my cousin's msn but by two other people it doesn't :S??
07-06-2003 10:23 AM
billywoods1

35 / Male / –
RE: RE: Colour Fade plugin
quote:
Originally posted by nus
I don't think that nobody's has stolen your idea, he's only got the same idea. the gradier is something that so many people was waiting for, and, naturly, one of them (finn) do a plugin. And C++ is so easy, you can learn it so fast ;)

People really need to start learning to read posts properly.

At LEAST 4 people/groups have stolen my idea now. Only one had the small amount of courtesy required to TELL ME he'd stolen my idea. So I don't mind that. In case you're interested, it's Ginge's BetterName - I'm all for that, because he was honest.

But in the other cases, I will fight to make them at least realise that it was my idea. I know enough C++ to make Gradier, but I don't have VC++. Not my fault that he's made this before my language is even released.

And I'm not the only one. In case you haven't noticed, MisterJAD is a Gradier developer too - he just took a more subtle approach to it. I can't see why you people have a problem with this. Gradier's been out for 8 and a half months, and BetterName/NickEXP followed closely behind. I don't see how Finn couldn't have seen at least one of these programs. Everything on his plugin is in Gradier and, apart from the random fade, is in BetterName and NickEXP too. I don't mean to sound like a complete arsehole but I do get a bit annoyed. Don't take it the wrong way.
[Image: title.gif]
Please visit my site, Lamerde, by clicking this broken picture. :mipdodgy: It's intentional. Honestly.

07-06-2003 11:06 AM
nus

Humanoid Typhoon is coming!

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Colour Fade plugin
quote:
Originally posted by 3vilboy
I've got a bit of a problem with the plugin. It works fine at my msn but when I send the .dll file to someone else and tell them what to do it doesn't work.
It only works at my cousin's msn but by two other people it doesn't :S??

are you sure that the other ppl have the last version of plus! ????

billywoods1
sorry but i've have read your post, but with nobody i mean finn. i'm sorry, sometimes my english is so poor and it makes that you couldn't understand me. sorry.

This post was edited on 07-06-2003 at 01:45 PM by nus.
Kanashimi wo yasashisa ni
07-06-2003 11:13 AM
Pages: (8): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: