What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Colour Fade plugin

Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
Colour Fade plugin
Author: Message:
Burning Bob

– / Male / –
RE: Colour Fade plugin
What happend with this tread???

@ start it was a cool tread because off xfade
now it's getting more boring with the day!

_  |¯`)   |     |  |¯¯)  |\    |  |  |\    |  /¯_        |¯`)   /¯¯\  |¯`)   _
¯  |__)  \._./  |¯¯\  |    \|  |  |    \|  \__|       |__)  \__/  |__)  ¯
Burningbob.tk
:many:
07-06-2003 11:28 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Hypnolinth

If all were the same, it'd be boring

37 / Female / –
wouldn't it be easier just to make free fader 9 work with Messenger plus! ? i 4get the place where u can download it nut i'm sure it'll be in google. Its by Alistair D Baillie, if thats any use.
nice work Finn, looks wicked.
07-06-2003 11:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Finn

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: RE: Colour Fade plugin
quote:
Originally posted by billywoods1
I don't see how Finn couldn't have seen at least one of these programs. Everything on his plugin is in Gradier and, apart from the random fade, is in BetterName and NickEXP too. I don't mean to sound like a complete arsehole but I do get a bit annoyed. Don't take it the wrong way.

Before i created this plugin, i had never been on this forum, look at the date my account was created if you dont beleive me, i was simply waiting for the new plus to come out, i saw that on mess.be and downloaded it, i then saw the plugin download on mess.be and downloaded that and wrote xfade in about an hour, AFTER i had written it i found the link to here in the readme inside the plugin download, so i came here and thanked patchou for adding the plugin support, i then posted  xfade here on the small chance someone else might find it useful. I had never even heard of gradier until someone sent me a PM asking me to join your team, at the point i went to the link and found out what it was.

Funnily enough the world doesnt revolve around you and there are some people on the net who havent heard of your program...

If you think you can do better than xfade (i'm sure you can) then go ahead and do it, i am not stopping you hell i even posted the source here if you want a template to work from, but seeing as i have done nothing wrong i would kindly ask you to stop bitching to me because someone else happened to have a similar idea to you.

Seeing as xfade is also completely free and without strings attactched what would i have had to gain from "stealing" your idea ?

This post was edited on 07-06-2003 at 01:41 PM by Finn.
07-06-2003 01:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Predatory Kangaroo

– / Male / –
Alright, i've been following this thread for since the start and i only have one thing to say.
Maybe Finn did see Gradier or some other program like it, but doesn't remember
On the other hand, maybe he didn't.  The point is that either way it doesn't really matter because, like you say, most people on this forum know about gradier, so they'll know that it's been done before (although not in this way) and know that the Gradier team can do it as well as Finn.
Now that i've done the totally impartial bit i'll say this:  If an idea isn't copyrighted, can it truly be stolen?
Someone thought of putting a timer in an oven, now hundreds of ovens have timers, yet none of them are stealing ideas :)

EDIT: And since it's open source, the boon of programming, I don't really see what harm is being done, no matter how you think about it.  Gradier was the original and has been reborn in a new form and a different name, from a different family, yet the original still continues to grow and flourish.

This post was edited on 07-06-2003 at 03:21 PM by Predatory Kangaroo.
[Image: imagetest.php?display=You%20dont%20know%...djust=true]
07-06-2003 03:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
BooGhost
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Colour Fade plugin
quote:
Originally posted by 3vilboy
I've got a bit of a problem with the plugin. It works fine at my msn but when I send the .dll file to someone else and tell them what to do it doesn't work.
It only works at my cousin's msn but by two other people it doesn't :S??

make sure they close and then reopne the MsgPlus! they, easyiest way is restarting their pcs :P
07-06-2003 05:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
leito

Chameleon by KeyStorm

37 / Male / –
FINN do you have any other projects??
07-06-2003 07:02 PM
loconet

Wink  RE: Colour Fade plugin
Would it be possible to color the text on the receiving end instead of before you send the text? sending the plugin id along with the wanted colors ;) .
07-06-2003 08:03 PM
Finn

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Colour Fade plugin
quote:
Originally posted by loconet
Would it be possible to color the text on the receiving end instead of before you send the text? sending the plugin id along with the wanted colors ;) .

the problem with that is then the receiver needs the plugin..
07-06-2003 08:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
loconet

RE: RE: RE: Colour Fade plugin
quote:
Originally posted by Finn
quote:
Originally posted by loconet

the problem with that is then the receiver needs the plugin..

Very true, but blah! everyone should have it , hehe.
07-06-2003 08:07 PM
Swaptor

erm.... empty?

39 / Male / –
RE: RE: Colour Fade plugin
quote:
Originally posted by Predatory Kangaroo
Alright, i've been following this thread for since the start and i only have one thing to say.
Maybe Finn did see Gradier or some other program like it, but doesn't remember
On the other hand, maybe he didn't.  The point is that either way it doesn't really matter because, like you say, most people on this forum know about gradier, so they'll know that it's been done before (although not in this way) and know that the Gradier team can do it as well as Finn.
Now that i've done the totally impartial bit i'll say this:  If an idea isn't copyrighted, can it truly be stolen?
Someone thought of putting a timer in an oven, now hundreds of ovens have timers, yet none of them are stealing ideas :)

EDIT: And since it's open source, the boon of programming, I don't really see what harm is being done, no matter how you think about it.  Gradier was the original and has been reborn in a new form and a different name, from a different family, yet the original still continues to grow and flourish.

* Swaptor agrees fully with Predatory Kangaroo
Swaptor aka DJ Nucleuz
07-07-2003 09:25 AM
Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: