What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » [REQ] - advanced winamp tags

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
[REQ] - advanced winamp tags
Author: Message:
Xerxis

40 / Male / –
RE: [REQ] - advanced winamp tags
it is possible by calling a third program out of the plugin. but checking every second it the song is changed would use an enormous amount of the processor and memory
07-16-2003 07:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Lareamond

I like big butts.

38 / Other / –
I've been working on a program like that sorta... So far it only works with Winamp 2x and MSN 4.x/5.x... Is this what you were looking for? (Or am I close?) http://www.angelfire.com/empire/hybridprogs/nowplaying.jpg
07-18-2003 08:39 PM
SuriV

Grin  RE: [REQ] - advanced winamp tags
I want a Script for WINAMP 3 !!!
send the song, artist, year, album, skin used in winamp, kbps, khz and duration of song. Thats all !!!

Good tags !!!
bye !
07-19-2003 03:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tandy
Veteran Member

:D

34 / Male / –
yes we all want that, but the question is making it

i remember a program for i think MSn 4.x called friendly names that if u put your winamp somg as your name it would change everytime you changed the song

so.........
[Image: allju3.jpg]
07-19-2003 03:26 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
SuriV

yes i have this plugin for Winamp 2.x but only work with winamp 2.x not winamp 3 and only for msn 4.x.

Exist other plugin for winamp 3 and for messenger 5.x but not put the song on your nick put on the talk window when chage the song.

[EDIT]
We, all whants a plugin for MSN Plus that work whit Winamp 2.x and 3.x, for MSN 5.x and 6.x and you can choice if you want put on the nick or put on talks windows, and send when change the MP3.

I have a very nice gift to a pleople who make this!

This post was edited on 07-19-2003 at 03:51 AM by SuriV.
07-19-2003 03:47 AM
mikezs

Plus! is the dogz bollox

RE: RE: [REQ] - advanced winamp tags
quote:
Originally posted by Whacko
with the current sdk its not possible to do that with a plugin.
The putting the text in the displayname isnt a big deal.. but the refreshing is. its not possible to let a plugin do something when there is NO interaction form either the remote user or local user.
so to accomplish that you'll have to hook Messenger by yourself :(

you would need to make a plugin FOR winamp so every time it changed the song, it would make the msg plus plugin change the name in your display name.

i really want this plugin, but im not a pc based developer
07-19-2003 08:52 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Predatory Kangaroo

– / Male / –
Alright, I've never worked with the winamp SDK before, but I think I know a way to do this (although it's not really a plugin).
If the SDK has an event like WMP's MediaChange event, it should be possible to change the name (i think)
[Image: imagetest.php?display=You%20dont%20know%...djust=true]
07-19-2003 09:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Huh?  RE: [REQ] - advanced winamp tags
Hehe...
I've made my own winamp-title-to-msn-nick-changer(or what ever i should call it), one thing is that it only works with msn 4.7, but i'm waiting for some soucre codes for msn 6.0 so I can keep on programming some msn stuff in VB... I downloaded a plugin for winamp 3, that'll create a txt file including the information about the currently playing song. Then I just made a simple VB exe file, that with a timer, keep on checking for changes in the text file, and if there is any change, that means the song has changed and then it should change my name to <mynick>^Music: <Title>, very simple... But I ain't got any VB codes for msn 6.0 yet... Hoping they wiil be released soon... But it's still cool this plugin thing.. But i'm waiting for some source codes.... If anybody knows anything about them I would be glad to hear from you....
07-19-2003 10:48 PM
Lareamond

I like big butts.

38 / Other / –
Timers to constantly check for song updates take too much resources. I found this out firsthand working on mine. It'd be better to let the users just /xmp3ad on their own volition to both prevent unwanted mp3 advertisements and hogging of system resources.

Also, has anyone other than me realized that every time a song changes, it is *automatically* posted in the last active window? This leaves room for unwanted spam for both users...

Think about it...

-Lareamond
07-20-2003 07:32 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
In fact it doesn't take much resources... the only thing annoying maybe is that it takes up 6Mb of ram.. but that is either with or without the timer...  so.. and you could also just make the timer check every 5 or 10 secs. what's the difference if your name doesn't change immediately....  it's lso  good idea to set it to 5-10 secs.. so it won't chnge all the time when your going through your playlist to find  good song.. then it'll wait chngin untilo you have decide wich song you wanna hear..... but it really doesn't take up much processing power or anything.... not with only 1 timer...  But hope somebody can make a plugin for this.. coz I really need it for my msn 6.0...
so... plzzz somebody find a solution....
07-20-2003 08:45 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: