What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Winamp song for nick

Pages: (13): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Winamp song for nick
Author: Message:
lumos

O.P. Wink  Winamp song for nick
I know this has been discussed before but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm looking for a plugin that allows you to INSERT current Winamp 2.x song title in your nick. i.e. you get to choose where it's placed and stuff. eg. [nick part 1] [ winamp song] [nick part 2]. If there isn't such a plugin, is there one that even allows the current song to be displayed in your nick. The only ones i've seen allow you to change winamp track and stuff from inside a convo. Also, has a plugin been developed that lets the thing auto update whenever the track changes?

Any help would be appreciated, and if this has already been made, could you please post the link here. Thanks :)

EDIT: ok problem mostly solved...now someone go make one that auto-updates! :D im sure some of you brilliant people can somehow figure it out lol

This post was edited on 07-20-2003 at 03:15 PM by lumos.
07-20-2003 11:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Whacko

40 / Male / –
RE: Winamp song for nick
lumos.. the auto-update thing is not possible with current plugin support :(
I code in:
C
C++
Delphi
Visual Basic
Pascal :P
07-20-2003 12:09 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
lumos

O.P. RE: Winamp song for nick
blast...what about just one that can insert song in my nick
07-20-2003 02:13 PM
KnightieBoy

Yeah right!

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by lumos
I'm looking for a plugin that allows you to INSERT current Winamp 2.x song title in your nick. i.e. you get to choose where it's placed and stuff. eg. [nick part 1] [ winamp song] [nick part 2].

You mean a sort of modified (!WAT) command :S?
[Image: MsgPlusNL.gif]
07-20-2003 02:59 PM
lumos

well yeah uh something like that. I mean like I wanna be able to insert the song title into whichever PART of my nick that i want, as in i still get to type the other parts of my nick myself, in addition to the song. But before that...i still need to know whether there's even a plugin that allows the song title in your nick to start with...can't find any ATM.
07-20-2003 03:02 PM
KnightieBoy

Yeah right!

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Winamp song for nick
quote:
Originally posted by lumos
well yeah uh something like that. I mean like I wanna be able to insert the song title into whichever PART of my nick that i want, as in i still get to type the other parts of my nick myself, in addition to the song.

I just tried it and the (!WAT) in combination with other parts of my name. :S If you just do this:  /nick Bla bla (!WAT) Bla Bla.. That works fine or am I not getting this? I don't know if there is a winamp-plugin in production for these "demands" ( maybe sb else? :)  )
07-20-2003 03:09 PM
lumos

ahhh ok i never knew there was a /nick command lol. Thanks very much :) however this one isnt that useful cuz it isnt self updating haha...i guess that's the next step
07-20-2003 03:14 PM
KnightieBoy

Yeah right!

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
Hehe...
I've made my own winamp-title-to-msn-nick-changer(or what ever i should call it), one thing is that it only works with msn 4.7, but i'm waiting for some soucre codes for msn 6.0 so I can keep on programming some msn stuff in VB... I downloaded a plugin for winamp 3, that'll create a txt file including the information about the currently playing song. Then I just made a simple VB exe file, that with a timer, keep on checking for changes in the text file, and if there is any change, that means the song has changed and then it should change my name to <mynick>^Music: <Title>, very simple... But I ain't got any VB codes for msn 6.0 yet... Hoping they wiil be released soon... But it's still cool this plugin thing.. But i'm waiting for some source codes.... If anybody knows anything about them I would be glad to hear from you....

07-20-2003 03:17 PM
joon

38 / – / –
u can update ur nick trough a quicktext with an alias:)

this is what you put in an quick text:

/nick yournick music: (!WAT) blah blah.

alias: /something

and when you type /something ur nick will be updated:)
[Image: officepiracy.gif]
07-20-2003 06:36 PM
lumos

ah thanks that's useful :)
07-21-2003 08:56 AM
Pages: (13): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version