What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » [Idea] Changing MSN Status according to running processes

Poll: Go ahead and make it?
Yes, why not?
No, waste of time
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
[Idea] Changing MSN Status according to running processes
Author: Message:
Seguer

36 / Male / –
O.P. [Idea] Changing MSN Status according to running processes
Feasible? I can do it in VB and have it as an external program but I figure why not make it as an MSN Plus! Plugin? Good experience ;).

Basicly you give the plugin a list of .exe's to look out for and when it detects them running changes your status to "Busy" or "Away" or whatever.

I'd like to see a show of hands (figuratively) before I go ahead and waste..I mean spend..time on this :)

oh yeah first post, hi everyone!
04-17-2004 07:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: [Idea] Changing MSN Status according to running processes
Hi :wave:
Welcome on these forums :)

Although I don't think I'd use this myself, I must say it could be very handy for all those people who'd like to automatically change their status when they're playing a game or something like that.

So if you'd make it, you wouldn't make me happy, but probably many other people :)
04-17-2004 11:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
oomingmak

I'd use it, as long as there was an option to chose whether or not to show some kind of notifcation that such an automatic status change had been made.

It can result in all sort of confusion and hair pulling if stuff like this goes on behind your back and you've forgotten what you've set up.

People who don't want to be notified could just turn the notification off.
04-17-2004 12:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
Hi:wave:

This would be a great idea, although you should be able to set what you want certain processes to trigger. Such as winword.exe triggers (Homework) and UT2004.exe triggers (Games) or somthing. And screensaver.exe (or whatever it is) triggers away, if it isn't already.
[Image: 7.png]
04-17-2004 12:58 PM
Seguer

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Idea] Changing MSN Status according to running processes
quote:
Originally posted by oomingmak
I'd use it, as long as there was an option to chose whether or not to show some kind of notifcation that such an automatic status change had been made.

It can result in all sort of confusion and hair pulling if stuff like this goes on behind your back and you've forgotten what you've set up.

People who don't want to be notified could just turn the notification off.
I'll keep that in mind, nice idea :P

quote:
Originally posted by chaos_grenade
Hi:wave:

This would be a great idea, although you should be able to set what you want certain processes to trigger. Such as winword.exe triggers (Homework) and UT2004.exe triggers (Games) or somthing. And screensaver.exe (or whatever it is) triggers away, if it isn't already.
I was already thinking that...could maybe even have something like %s to replace the 'thing'. ie. you're using UT2004 (and who isn't?!) and you set it up so that it's "Using %s" and it makes it "Using UT2004" or whatever (or do you think a seperate message for each exe?)
04-17-2004 01:18 PM
Seguer

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Idea] Changing MSN Status according to running processes
Hi everyone. It's almost finished. I just need to test it/make an installer etc however as this is my first plugin I need a little help :$.

What's the command/function/whatever to tell Plus! to change you're status with a personlised name tag suffix; ie. "Seguer {Playing UT2004}"?

EDIT: Nevermind. After further research it seems Plus! just changes you're name and adds it in.

This post was edited on 04-19-2004 at 08:38 AM by Seguer.
04-19-2004 08:34 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: