What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Small suggestion about 'tabbed chat windows'

Small suggestion about 'tabbed chat windows'
Author: Message:
N-Freak

– / Male / –
O.P. Small suggestion about 'tabbed chat windows'
Hello!

I have been using Messenger Plus for quiet a while. And with the new ‘tabbed windows’ option Messenger Plus only gets better.

Ok, my suggestion:
When I am talking with multiple people and the window in messenger is tabbed, you can see all the people you are talking to on the left (or top). Whenever someone says something, it will just like Windows XP, blink orange and you will here the normal ‘new message’ sound.

If I have the tabbed window minimized and someone says something, I will see it blink orange in my taskbar and I will here a sound. But that is only when that user was the user on top when I minimized. So if someone else says something I will only hear the ‘new message’ sound and won’t see it blink orange.

So my suggestion is, can you make it, in someway, blink orange if someone is talking when he/she was not the person on top when you minimize?

I would like this, because I am usually listening to music, or watching TV. That means I can’t always here the ‘new message’ sound.

I hope you understand what I mean, keep up the great work!

Best regards,

N-Freak
11-01-2005 12:38 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Small suggestion about 'tabbed chat windows'
It will flash, there's just a 15 second delay. It will also switch to that conversation and because of this delay it will give you time to finish reading/writing in the active conversation, the switching conversations is needed for the flashing (notice the namechange in taskbarbutton). If you switch off that option (plus > preferences > instant messages > tabbed chats...."auto-activate chat windows with unread messages"), there will be no more autoswitching screens but also no more taskbarflashes for unfocused chats.

You can change the delay if you wish to do so, either manually or with Plus! Tweak (this program changes the registrysettings for you). The regkey you're looking for is GroupAutoSwitchDelay. To download Plus! Tweak or for more information about this regkey see: Help Registry Tweaks

Edit: you're welcome :D

This post was edited on 11-01-2005 at 02:08 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
11-01-2005 12:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
N-Freak

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Small suggestion about 'tabbed chat windows'

Sometimes I wish I would look further then my nose, sorry!

I have tried it right away, and it works great. Those 15 seconds won’t make a big deal. And it won’t switch when I have the window activated. Perfect!

Thanks!
11-01-2005 12:53 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: