What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Docker v.02

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Docker v.02
Author: Message:
Pike

37 / Male / –
O.P. Docker v.02
This is the new build, the first version had a pretty serious bug (I wasn't always calling CallNextHookEx!) so it was crashing Plus, and the plugin. Fixed a few other bugs, mainly todo with the resizing. I've added some commands to enable and disable the plugin (/xdocker_on & /xdocker_off). I'll try and get the auto-hide feature in soon.

Here's a screenshot of what the plugin does (resizes windows to the docked position). Kinda hard to explain, run it and you'll see.

You need to make sure you've set MSN Plus! to enable docking, and then you need to dock msn manually by dragging it to the side of the screen.

Screenshot: http://tomp.arsware.org/docker/screenshot.png

Download: http://tomp.arsware.org/docker/docker.zip (19kb)
Source : http://tomp.arsware.org/docker/docker_source.zip (60kb)

This post was edited on 11-03-2003 at 02:44 PM by Pike.
11-03-2003 02:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
wipey

.oOo.

37 / – / –
RE: Docker v.02
hmmm I tried this and everything broke, all my windows (including browser) are strange sizes and it wont let me change them:@ all I tried to do was resize something and loads of stuff grew and shrank lol shouldn't this be more stable:$

[Image: msgplus468banner2.gif]

www.wipey.tk 6987 days, 15 hours, 51 minutes, 19 seconds ago until my 18th birthday(b)

11-03-2003 02:54 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pike

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Docker v.02
Hmm thats weird. Anything out of the ordinary running? Maybe something that already docks? See the plugin works 100% fine for me, and so its hard for me to debug unless I can reproduce your environment and therefore see the bug... If you can work out how to reproduce it, I'll try and fix it.
11-03-2003 04:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
wipey

.oOo.

37 / – / –
winamp 2, it worked fine until I tried to resize a window and pulled the convo window right over the msn window.  I aint trying it again because I had to restatrt my comp:(  I also click a few full screen buttons on some windows:$
mozilla was running too, (mozilla firebird) although it should only affect msn windows, shouldn't it?

www.wipey.tk 6987 days, 15 hours, 51 minutes, 19 seconds ago until my 18th birthday(b)

11-03-2003 04:20 PM
slang123

38 / Male / –
good to see u still developing it. will use the older one for now tho because i can only resize messenger bigger, not smaller
11-03-2003 04:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
slang123

38 / Male / –
also there is another bug, but it cant be helped. when undocking it docks to the new desktop which is imidatley changed. hard to explain, but its due to plus!
11-03-2003 04:29 PM
Sypher

36 / Male / Flag
This plugin doesn't work for me :(
Messenger Plus Beta Tester
Plus! Live Faq Maintainer
11-03-2003 05:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
slang123

38 / Male / –
If it works your windows shouldnt overlap the docked msn messenger when maximized.
Wipey: class avitar :)
11-03-2003 08:06 PM
wipey

.oOo.

37 / – / –
lol thx:$ it's predefined:P
um I wanted my contact to be thinner and accidentally pulled the convo window bigger over the contact one:S

11-03-2003 09:01 PM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Ok, further testing has shown more bugs:

First one is that you can't dock it successfully on the left side of the screen -- it resizes the other windows, but not the main MSN Messenger window itself.

Second one is that docking to the right doesn't always work, it used to work, but isn't at the moment.

Third, when docking the contact list to one side of the screen then docking it to the other side, it will not restore the size of all the other windows but it does resize it.

Fourth, Once the window is successfully docked, you  can attempt to move the taskbar (bar normally at the bottom of the screen) and it will reset the other windows sizes but not MSN Messenger's.

Note: You don't have to actually move your taskbar.

Fifth, when the following bug occurs, and you minimise your contact list, then restore it, the windows resize themselves and the docking is normal again.

Sixth, don't have alot of detail with this one..but the window sometimes does not resize its self when you undock it.

Seventh, after unsucessfully docking the contact list, meaning it modifies the other windows sizes, but not MSN Messenger's itself. When you try and undock it, it will show a big outline (the size of a docked MSN Messenger window) next to the "docked space" (the area that the docked MSN Messenger window is supposed to consume), not really a big bug, this one.

Details:
Windows Version: Windows ME, 4.90.3000
Messenger Client Version: 6.1.0155
Messenger Plus! Version: 2.51.0068

if you require any other information, just request it.

I will continue testing your plugin, as it is one of those things I need :)

Regards,
EvilSeph

This post was edited on 11-03-2003 at 09:47 PM by EvilSeph.
11-03-2003 09:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: