What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Some simple plugin questions

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Some simple plugin questions
Author: Message:
IGx89

Halo Assassin Droid

38 / Male / –
O.P. Some simple plugin questions
I've analyzed the C++ sample code, but I still have a few questions that I haven't found answers for yet:
  • How do I send messages to MsgPlus, like to change to a personalized status? The sample code completely covered responding to messages, but had nothing about sending messages.
  • What is the best way to perform an action every x seconds? Creating a separate thread?
  • Is it possible to auto-respond to questions from contacts?
  • What's the best way to retrieve the user's current status?

Thanks!

This post was edited on 11-11-2003 at 01:30 AM by IGx89.
11-11-2003 01:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
IGx89

Halo Assassin Droid

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Some simple plugin questions
Come on, most of you should be able to answer at least the first question or two in your sleep! :)
11-12-2003 08:12 PM
musicalmidget
Elite Member

Hmm, randomness...

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Some simple plugin questions
quote:
Originally posted by IGx89
Come on, most of you should be able to answer at least the first question or two in your sleep! :)

What makes you think that? :-/

:P
11-12-2003 08:42 PM
Dj Zeraja

Playing the Game

52 / Female / –
you must go reading the plus file thats al or something almost awake i do not thinking richt if i wrong i'm sorry for that
Dum spiro, spero. — "Zo lang ik adem, hoop ik" ;)
11-13-2003 08:08 AM
Predatory Kangaroo

– / Male / –
Well, no-one else is making a... constructive reply to this, so (even though i haven't made any plugins for a while) i will try.
If you want to change ur status, you should send back a command like /online where you would normally send back some text.
IIRC, no-one ever managed to build an auto-responder or get messenger plus to perform an action every x seconds, but if you can get one, make sure you share it with us all :)
You can retrieve the contact's current status using the IDispatch you're sent - i'm on my laptop at the minute, but when I get back home i'll post the wrapper class I generated for that.

P.S. You can make messenger perform a series of actions by sending back a string like: "/online#3#I'm off for a while now.#3#/away"
the 3s are the amount of seconds in between the commands (again, i'm not sure, but it's something like that).
[Image: imagetest.php?display=You%20dont%20know%...djust=true]
11-13-2003 08:48 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
How do I send messages to MsgPlus, like to change to a personalized status? The sample code completely covered responding to messages, but had nothing about sending messages.
you only can send messages to plus when a user types a command like /x.... and plus calls your plugin to process the command. the way to do it is as PK said:
quote:
Originally posted by Predatory Kangaroo
you should send back a command like /online where you would normally send back some text.
quote:
Originally posted by Predatory Kangaroo
You can make messenger perform a series of actions by sending back a string like: "/online#3#I'm off for a while now.#3#/away"
Note that before each #3# you should put a new line. ie: you should send back:
code:
/online
#3#I'm off for a while now.
#3#/away

quote:
What is the best way to perform an action every x seconds? Creating a separate thread?
if you wish to perform it when the user types a command (again, a command like /x....) the best you can do is use the syntax #X# as described before.
About creating a separate thread, ... well it depends on what you want to do. with a separate thread you won't be able to send messages back or things like that. however you should be able to play a sound every 2 seconds, for example.
quote:
Is it possible to auto-respond to questions from contacts?
if they use your pluging to send those questions, yes it is; if not, sorry, you can't
quote:
What's the best way to retrieve the user's current status?
Maybe with the messenger object that plus puts as a parameter in the functions like parsecommand?? I'm not sure.
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
11-13-2003 10:07 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
IGx89

Halo Assassin Droid

38 / Male / –
Thanks for the responses :).

So, there is no way to make a custom status plugin, that will detect which applications are running and mark your status appropriately? I can't even use SendMessage or something? Shoot, that seems like something so basic :(.
11-16-2003 09:22 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
Well, what you can do is and independent aplication from plus! ie: not a plugin for plus but an addon for messenger (like plus is). This way you'll be able to detect and set the status (using the messenger api)
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
11-16-2003 09:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
IGx89

Halo Assassin Droid

38 / Male / –
I thought about that, but with all the problems I've heard there were with making MsgPlus compatible with Messenger, doing that might be too difficult :(
11-16-2003 10:07 PM
Hah

Im in a good mood - take advantage!

37 / Male / –
by patchou sending the OMessenger object in the intialise function, it is possible to detect and set msn status through the messenger API whenever you feel like it, it will even implement all events available in the MSN6 Type API, i know how to do this in VB6, dont have a clue how to do it in c++ though :D, you can even use the code example from my crappy ickle auto responder to send plus instrutions whenever you like, not just through plus plugin calls. however, i still dont know how to get the last sent message, although im working on it using the conversation history, however it will be messy and probably pointless, but i get so bored i do this stuff anyway.

Hah
This post was brought to you by Hah!
(and he takes no responsibility for it :p)

[Image: signatures.jpg]

{Current Web Site}
11-16-2003 10:29 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: