What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes

Pages: (42): « First « 35 36 37 38 [ 39 ] 40 41 42 » Last »
Poll: What dou you think about this plugin?
r0x0r
Nice
Crap
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
2 votes - 3.5 average   Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes
Author: Message:
kingcool

RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes
Wouter ! When will you update song2nick so it works for Msn7 ? I was a big user when i used Msn 6.2 but ive tried to install the latest update in the first post but i cant get it work :( When can we expect an update??
11-10-2004 01:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
PimpScourge

Broken As Designed

RE: RE: Song2Nick // WindowsMedia Player, MusicMatch Jukebox, Winamp 2,5 and iTunes
quote:
Originally posted by D@ffy
Just to be sure, is there anyone who got the latest version up & running? (with Winamp 5.03) So, that's the one posted on 14/10/2004 Could you please tell me with which software versions?

Latest version didn't work for me. I had to go back to the last beta without file sharing, which works fine.
[Image: pssig.gif]
11-10-2004 05:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Keitarosempai

Well, everything just work....finally....after installing two or free libraries...well, in fact it works just fine with Winamp !! And only when the tag is IdV1...but I barely use winamp since all my music is in iTunes (which rocks by the way) (as for my ipod by the way 2)..so it just doesn't work at all with itunes...My nick doesn't change, even when i change song, with multi-plugin or without it's the same thing..

So, my dear Wouter..if your next step in improving yourplug-in was testing compatibility with iTunes 4.7 and trying to make it functional, I would be most grateful...very very very very grateful...Anyway, good job xD

Added : It works perfectly fine with Windows Media Player....Now with iTunes it just shows stupidly (!ARTIST) - (!TITLE) in my nick...sigh...

As we would say around here in this case : "C'est vraiment trop la tehon"

Well, good luck with your plugin Wouter ;)

This post was edited on 11-10-2004 at 11:17 PM by Keitarosempai.
11-10-2004 10:19 PM
HornyToad

50 / Male / –
hey all,

good work on this plugin, its installed and changes my nick fine.
using this plugin on :
windows xp french
winamp 2.91
msn messenger 6.2.0137
msgplus 3.25.106

but someone please post the full install file (exe) on the 1st page, there's only the wmp, itune and the zip file (wich i never got to work) but the exe from page 34 works fine

here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=18116&page=34

quote:
thx wouter it works great now

------
For you Lazy ppl!!

The below attachment is an installer for Song2Nick BETA made with Inno Setup. The installer will apply the registry and register the song2nick.dll file.

This installer is just to make installing this plugin a lil bit easier  and i was also bored and had nothing to do...

Attachment: Song2Nick.exe(613.29 KB)
This file has been downloaded 94 time(s).

edit: hmm but now i noticed wm4.7 loads whenever i unload then reload msn, and now the plugin doesn't work anymore. i tried several times with taskmanager to kill all 3processes : msmsgr , msnmsgr, msgplus, still nothing anymore. it might be something with msgplus since its the one loading the plugins. eventhough the plugin seems loaded, its just not working anymore. well it worked for about half an hour, lol

and my picture is gone too !

This post was edited on 11-12-2004 at 04:10 PM by HornyToad.
HT
11-12-2004 03:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Silver_Korda

Q. When i go to the options page a get a message saying im not signed in but i am
A. You probably have removed windows messenger reinstall and every thing works fine

I have this same error going, but I dont understand the answer on the FAQ....
what should I do?
11-12-2004 04:03 PM
FuzzyWuzzy

39 / Male / –
silver u need to install windows messenger, it appers ur removed it at some time / never had it / it got damaged.  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...ac1&displaylang=en i believe  this is the download link for windows messenger :)
11-12-2004 04:12 PM
Knad

hmmmmm

Im running msn 7 :p and installed it ok........it changed my display picture once, but wont change it again......no matter what i click!! also it wont put the song as my screen name.

Is this as im running msn7?
[Image: sigg.png]
11-12-2004 05:08 PM
HornyToad

50 / Male / –
well see now, i'm wondering, is it possible that the msn servers may have stopped all the special functions to change the image and user name as a result of the plugin changing them so often and so fast ? i would need to create another account to verify this, but not today.

i did manage earlier to listen to some MP3 songs and the plugin worked for them, they lasted anywhere between 3 and 5 mins., wich should be long enough for the msn servers to allow the name change.

But then i listened to some small wav files, i did receive a warning that some names weren't proper or something like that. but it still worked for the next song.

but then, i simply unchecked the checkbox in msgplus -> plugins section, it said that "some plugins requires msn to deconnect" so i did, i logged out, logged back in, and i think thats when the trouble began. A friend of mine didn't receive that particular message but still had problems with the plugin.

And now my picture is gone, so are all the ones i had in the picture chooser window. i rebooted and it didn't help.

the good news is the remedy to that is to either uninstall this plugin (wich i did for now), or atleast kill msgplus process and relaunch msn.

now the pic works and file xfer works once more.
HT
11-12-2004 05:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
LuL_TeX

yeaa mine worked for a couple timez.. and stopped.. ill be lookin forward to dis workin..

pretty nice plug-in...
11-19-2004 02:07 AM
Dewaspman

ok it worked for me too when i first installed it but then it stopped... i tried reinstalling it etc... but never got it going again

i reinstalled my comp like a month ago now and s2n worked fine untill i played something in winamp (i think it was a wav) and since then its been dead again....

msn has an illegal error in the vb6 module as soon as the contact list loads :/

[Image: error.jpg]

im running win98se will all the correct runtimes and stuff installed

i DO NOT have windows messenger installed because im using 98 but i dont think we actually need it installed because it worked at first right?
11-20-2004 12:47 AM
Pages: (42): « First « 35 36 37 38 [ 39 ] 40 41 42 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: