What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » new idea i had

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
do you like this idea?
This poll is closed.
yes 15 78.95%
no 4 21.05%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

new idea i had
Author: Message:
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: new idea i had
Unless you can provide a server to install any "answering machine" on to, and then find a possible way of coding this. It will probably never be implemented.
12-09-2003 12:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
RE: RE: new idea i had
quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
Unless you can provide a server to install any "answering machine" on to, and then find a possible way of coding this. It will probably never be implemented.

:wall:

It took a long time to explain this to the masses, don't make me do it again. Well ok...

My machine is online all the time. So lets say I want to send a message to Bob who is currently offline. I can then use Plus to store a message I want to send to Bob. Bob comes online a bit later, and the message gets sent to him automatically from my machine which is currently signed in (doesn't have to have a status of online. Could be away, busy etc. I can be miles away from my machine while this all occurs)

So who needs a server? Just need both machines to be signed at the same time. Geddit??
12-09-2003 12:43 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
The majority of us don't leave our computers on, but anyway, you've found a way, congrats.
12-09-2003 12:52 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Jeronimo
Round and round in circles,
Poor Jeronimo did go,
To try to get a message,
To those who were quite slow

Offline messaging was the answer,
To satisfy his whim,
To send an instant message,
When his contacts did sign in

Email was suggested,
Tho this idea stunk,
For the problem with mail accounts,
Is that they are filled with junk

Messaging is faster,
No new program must be loaded,
So dearest writer Patchou,
Could this please be coded?

:bow: :lol:
that poem made me cry .cry:
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
12-09-2003 02:37 AM
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
he majority of us don't leave our computers on, but anyway, you've found a way, congrats.

mines on all the time :refuck:
12-09-2003 02:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Jeronimo
My machine is online all the time. So lets say I want to send a message to Bob who is currently offline. I can then use Plus to store a message I want to send to Bob. Bob comes online a bit later, and the message gets sent to him automatically from my machine which is currently signed in (doesn't have to have a status of online. Could be away, busy etc. I can be miles away from my machine while this all occurs)

So the feature would be useless for those who don't have the messenger online all the time?
Registered 7640 days, 21 hours, 7 minutes, 50 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

12-09-2003 02:43 AM
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
quote:
Originally posted by thekid
So the feature would be useless for those who don't have the messenger online all the time?
Not technically - it would be useless to those who aren't signed in at the same time as the person they want to send a message to. Its the only way I can think of to make this system work.

There are some features in Plus I don't use, but that doesn't makes them useless. I doubt 100% of the people use 100% of the product. :undecided:
12-09-2003 03:32 AM
ranicx

Abstract Artist

38 / Male / –
yer, like i dont use all of it, but if i eva need it, its there to use, which is realy good. like till only recently when i started useing my msgplus pop email to sign in, i neva used the pop3 email account checking, and now i need it, and its there to use :happy:
like id realy like the offline msging rite now, cause i gota send a msg to sum1, but cant cause they arnt online, and i dont wana miss them if they r only online for a little bit.
~ranicx is a: Abstract Artist @ DeviantArt
|| Program skills: Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop, Cinema4D, Apophysis ||
ex-MSN Messenger skinner        :wink:
- ranicx-design -
12-09-2003 06:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
rrfk

When Messenger Plus came out. Windows Messenger quickly became my only IM solution. However I do miss the offline message function of ICQ...

It's true that a majority of my contacts used a hotmail address to create the .NET sign-in account... and only for that purpose. So spam or lack of need has made emails to offline contacts a less viable solution than a 'pending' type message that could be sent the next time that both the recipient and the sender were online.

I believe that implemented properly this could cause the rest of the IM community to gravitate towards MSN w/Plus.

Considerations:

- Offline messages should only be deliverable when BOTH parties are online for those who still know what their power button is for.

- email should still be sent to the recipient informing the receiver that an offline message has been sent at <send time> <send date> as well as the content of the offline message. Im sure Patchou and the team can figure out a fun way to do that.

- option to disable the reciept of offline messages globally or by user. This is just a guess, but I'm sure other people have people on they're list who they'd rather screen messages from. It would also help avoid offline spammers.

Just my 2 cents. If it doesn't happen, the product is still great. Thank you for considering this as an improvement.
12-13-2003 08:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by rrfk
- email should still be sent to the recipient informing the receiver that an offline message has been sent at <send time> <send date> as well as the content of the offline message. Im sure Patchou and the team can figure out a fun way to do that.

to send an email with the message wouldnt be easy to implement (if possible)

anyway, u dont really need to send an email.. the offline message wouldnt be needed if u send it
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
12-13-2003 08:10 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: