What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » BOT2K3 Address Change

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
BOT2K3 Address Change
Author: Message:
siebe

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: BOT2K3 Address Change
quote:
i just added him and it now sez

''Due to a bug in the MSN servers, you *MUST* remove this address (bot@bot2k3.com) and add the address specified for you below...'''

i mean...wtf!
The MSN servers don't show the BOT online for everyone when we reach a 10000 users. That's why the main bot (bot@bot2k3.com) acts like a deviding station. If bot1@.. is "full" it will switch over to bot2@bot2k3.com etc.

quote:
tovjo im not dumb....i.m askin why micropsoft banned them and they keep kumin bak so wtf is the point in bannin them.....
In the end, it will be MS who will win. They can ban every bot on the network, in fact, it's quite easy to do it. Hopefully, it won't come that far.

quote:
thanks, i thought it was down  will it be renamed in 2004?
No, it won't be renamed. 2K3 is the year of creation, and the name of the BOT, so it won't be renamed.

quote:
well...tochjo....i obviously have done that already....but anyway.....WHY DO ALL THESES BOTS KEEP CHANGIN THEIR ADDRESSES FORRR!!!!!!!!!??
This was the first address change of BOT2K3.. If you want an answer from DC, you will have to ask John.

quote:
It got banned for unkown reasons I guess. Siebe time to call tel lawy0r
Actually, running clients/bots without MS's permission is a breach on their network, and therefor illegal. Unless you get yourself a license MS has every right to ban your bot's address, or to sue your client company. Though, MS is specially targetting money making organizations.

I hope I answered your questions :)
12-28-2003 10:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Boldylocks

Mad Cow

60 / Female / –
RE: BOT2K3 Address Change
I followed the instructions- and also did the 2nd part and re-added a revised address they gave because of the MSN glitch.

It worked.   But it shows the B02K Bot as not signed in so far.

Well, knowing MSN, they probably have no other reason for banning this BOT other than because it is free to messengar users- and doesnt pay any royalties to MSN.     

I used it before it was first banned-, and there was no x-rated content, it was very family friendly and informative.
"Your cat has an inner beast.. feed it" 
01-11-2004 10:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dice

DiCe

RE: BOT2K3 Address Change
yeah probably...well...bot2k3 is a gooood bot...so is im_messiah@hotmail.com
01-12-2004 12:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode