What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » VERY ANNOYING PROBLEM!

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
VERY ANNOYING PROBLEM!
Author: Message:
2FaCe

O.P. Sad  VERY ANNOYING PROBLEM!
Messenger Plus! has trouble adding itself to MSN when i'm using WindowBlinds skins, it just keeps popping up the recovery window... I have tried everything i can think of to get around this but nothing seems to work. The strange thing about this is it will work sometimes and not others. This is not a recent problem for me, it has been happening ever since i first started using Plus (about a year ago) I know for a fact it's windowblinds causing the conflict because it only happens when i use it, at first i thought it might be a version specific bug of Plus or WB but that cant be the case as i'm using up-to-date versions of both. I've tried re-installing both Plus and WB but it doesn't solve the problem, I also tried adding Plus and MSN to the per-application exclusion list of Windowblinds and it still happens. The only way i get around this is constantly restarting MSN until Plus finally starts up with it (very anoying) I like Plus and WB and i dont want to part with either, but much more of this and i may be forced to insert needles into my eyes.... :|

am i the only person in the universe expericening this problem? 8-) it sure seems like it... :(

Any help would be much appreciated (Y)
01-04-2004 04:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: VERY ANNOYING PROBLEM!
What version of MSN Messenger are you using? Or Plus! Try upgrading to the latest version (MSN Messenger 6.1.0207 and Plus 2.54.0074)
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
01-04-2004 06:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Looks very strange :|

I dont know... I see you like WB and Plus!, but to live liek this is like hell... Maybe try to find a replacement for WB, like Style XP (im using myself) or summttin'... :/

At least you CAN NOT find any replacement for Plus!, so... hehe
01-04-2004 06:26 PM
2FaCe

O.P. RE: VERY ANNOYING PROBLEM!
I have the latest versions of both messenger and Windowblinds, as i said, i figured it wasn't version specific a while back.. i've tried clean installs on both several times over... oh well, maybe my computer just hates me.

Thanks for trying (Y)
01-04-2004 06:28 PM
Jutx

Shocking.......

– / Male / –
Just thinking maybe this option will make Plus Load.

Plus > Preferences > Miscellaneous > Force messenger plus to load when computer starts.

Check that option
Hard work pays off in the long run but laziness pays off NOW (H) :banana:
01-04-2004 08:57 PM
2FaCe

O.P. RE: VERY ANNOYING PROBLEM!
I've tried that too unfortuinitely Jutx, *Sigh...
01-04-2004 11:47 PM
djf86

37 / Male / –
well i dunno i think it's just something with your computer coz i have the latest of plus! and MSN and WB (4.2Pro) and i have no problems.. i hope you can get it cleared up coz i personally love both progs :D good luck.. if i think of anything ill holla
01-05-2004 03:01 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I don't know if WindowsBlind is the troublemaker but I can assure you that Plus! isn't. The recovery window is only here to help and is a sign that another application on your system is causing interferences. It may be a driver or an antivirus software. In either case, you could try the force-load option, maybe it will help.
[Image: signature2.gif]
01-05-2004 03:37 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Idium

MPSounds.net

41 / Male / –
i have both Plus! and WB and i dont have any problems
Proud Member of the Linkin Park Underground Join the LPU

MP!L & WLM = go together like WKD and beer

[Image: userbar397951ze.gif]
05-17-2004 04:31 PM
gDon18

Hi all,

i'm having the exact same problem as the first user was who started this post.  Currently i'm on MSN 7.0.0777... and i've got Messenger Plus 3.52 installed along with stuffplug 2. 2.119 and the screenshot sender.

Once i installed the new windowblinds, plus wouldn't load properly most of the time even with the force and temporary fixes that are offered by Plus!

I tried uninstalling Plus! and reinstalling, but no help.  I tried the per application setting and told windowblinds to ignore msnmessenger altogether but still no help.

I ended up removing the 4.51 version of windowblinds and things eventually went back to normal.

Thus it looks like a compatibility issue between either plus! and windowblinds or maybe Stuffplug and Windowblinds.

Anybody PLZ PLZ help!!!

Thnks!
g
05-09-2005 05:15 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: