What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Forums...Where to get?!?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Forums...Where to get?!?
Author: Message:
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Forums...Where to get?!?
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Johnny_Mac, I don't believe he'll learn anything useful from proboards...however if he wants a good free forum they are acceptable...but these are better http://invisionfree.com/
They are the more n00bish friendly way of making a forum...
Well whatever, I wasnt meaning to be specific. :undecided: Just everyone started posting complicated phpbb, mybb stuff. If he knew php he'd more then likely already know this stuff is hard to get to grips with if you dont understand languages, servers, etc...

I just simply offered an alternative, invisionfree being another...
07-17-2004 05:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
sasquatch

Odi et amo.

36 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I strongly suggest you to learn proper html first, before you do anything else... As it seems that you don't know a single thing about html (no offense), you'll encounter many many many things you don't understand. So first learn html, then learn a bit php and then integrate a forum on your website...

You don't run, when you can't walk...
Agreed, cept i also suggest learning CSS b4 u even attempt PHP scripting. it will definetly help with the webpage u r building, also, get Dreamweaver (way better then front page in my opinion and has sum awesome tutorials). But try not to rely on What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editors, try learning how to edit HTML, wut the tags do, and wut not, google is a great helper (y)
but good luck, i'd put ur forums on hold until u get a good grasp of internet coding though, but just remember to have fun, after all, thatz wut the net is built for ;)
Dare to dream.
07-18-2004 06:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: