What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Trying to get email bug and another small one

Trying to get email bug and another small one
Author: Message:
baka_toroi

39 / Male / –
O.P. Trying to get email bug and another small one
Hi, first post (H) I don't know if this is really a bug, but it's very annoying. The problem is, when i'm checking mails with outlook express (guess it could be another client) on a pop3 account, sometimes an error appears claiming that the downloading of mails had to be stopped because of a newer process, well, i realized this new process is msn plus! trying to check how many mails are in my mailbox. Isn't there a way for plus! to check if outlook is open, and, in case it is, not checking for mails? Sometimes i had to re-download 2 MB mails because plus! was checking my mailbox.
And another "bug". When you turn your state to "appear offline" you can't send any instant message right? Then, the "check for plus" button should be disabled in that case. At this moment, if you press the button, it tries to send the ping request (with no success, of course).
Well, i guess that's it for now. Thanks for your attention.
07-08-2004 01:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: Trying to get email bug and another small one
About the pop3: if you configure plus to check your pop3 inbox, you can't configure it so it doesn't check it if outlook is running. However:
  • If plus is checking the account and then you try to download the emails with outlook, you'll get that error in otulook. Just wait a moment and try again. It doesn't take too much time to plus to check the number of unread emails. Once it's done, you can check/donwload them with outlook

• If you're downloading the emails with outlook and then plug tries to check them (just the opposite to the prev. point), in that case plus is who "gets" the error (that there can't be more than 1 program checking the inbox at the same time). In this case, plus just ignores the error and does nothing. Outlook should continue doing what it was doing. If not, try to review the settings of outlook (there may also be problems with your email server if you receive big (2Mb) emails... so the problem isn't probably a bug of plus).

about the button that sends the /ping: yeah, it should be "fixed" (inside quotes, because it isn't a bug)
quote:
Originally posted by baka_toroi
When you turn your state to "appear offline"
and not only when being in appear offline, but also for bloqued contacts (Y)
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
07-08-2004 08:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: