What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » help me set up handwriting plugin??

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
help me set up handwriting plugin??
Author: Message:
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: help me set up handwriting plugin??
Or you could get one of the leaked betas and test it on them :P
03-07-2004 12:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jimcando

34 / Male / Flag
Since we're on the subject of the Handwriting Plug-in not doing things we want it to:
Does anyone know why it can't send handwritten messages when the reciever has his/her status on busy, away, etc....? In other words, hanwriten messages can only be sent when the reciever is online??
03-08-2004 04:38 PM
KnightieBoy

Yeah right!

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Jimcando
Since we're on the subject of the Handwriting Plug-in not doing things we want it to:
Does anyone know why it can't send handwritten messages when the reciever has his/her status on busy, away, etc....? In other words, hanwriten messages can only be sent when the reciever is online??
I just tested it on somebody with the status on Lunch, and it sent fine, don't know if they received it, but I sure did say it to them :)
[Image: MsgPlusNL.gif]
03-08-2004 04:46 PM
Jimcando

34 / Male / Flag
Hmmm, well usually it works fine for me, but for everyone that has set there status on 'Busy' or 'Away', it comes up with the message that it says when there are 3 or more people in a conversation:
"********@hotmail.com was added to this conversation. Handwriting is no longer supported because not all participants can view handwritten messages. Please start sending your messages as text."

It then automatically puts it on the Convert tab, which we all know doesn't work! Or maybe it's just my weird computer?

This post was edited on 03-21-2004 at 09:35 PM by Jimcando.
03-08-2004 05:48 PM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Jimcando
Hmmm, well usually it works fine for me, but for everyone that has set there status on 'Busy' or 'Away', it comes up with the message that it says when there are 3 or more people in a conversation:
"********@hotmail.com was added to this conversation. Handwriting is no longer supported because not all participants can view handwritten messages. Please start sending your messages as text."
It then automatically puts it on the Convert tab, which we all know doesn't work! Or maybe it's just my weird computer?

1. i found this out recently: all ppl on messenger have like an id of 2 numbers, and its like if it is a certan number they can view handwriting, or write handwritng, or they are on a mobile phone, or they are on a direct watch. so at certan times there number is not accurate to be able to recieve handwriting. dunno why.

2. it warps u to the convert tab cuz it thinks ur on a tablet and on tablets convert works. it is so u can still handwrite but it will convert it anyway cuz the person can only see text
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
04-10-2004 02:17 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ÐoM!
I have infopen but am not sure how to actually send the messages. I tried doin it in outlook and it worked, i tried to drag it to the conversation window but it just sent "INFOPEN".
Wot is wrong with it?
HELP PLEEZ!

dont drag infopen anywhere, just start it, enable handwriting from its right-click menu (in the system tray) and use the Handwrite tab in messenger on someone who can receve handwriting.

ps. ÐoM! ur avatar is dodgy...

This post was edited on 04-10-2004 at 02:22 PM by ShawnZ.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
04-10-2004 02:18 PM
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Shawnz
convert tab: it would be fun to screw around with tho!

No it wouldn't and it probably wouldnt work unless you had a tablet attached because you wouldnt be able to get your text writen with your mouse well enough to be recognised :)
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
04-10-2004 04:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
takowl

RE: RE: help me set up handwriting plugin??
quote:
Originally posted by reisyboy
... you wouldnt be able to get your text writen with your mouse well enough to be recognised :)

Actually, I've tried the version built into office XP, and its suprisingly capable to recognise incoherent scrawlings.

Owl
04-12-2004 08:00 PM
Bob H

RE: RE: RE: help me set up handwriting plugin??
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by Hedj
I run Windows XP, and I can't get the Handwriting plugin working either, because it disallows me to start conversations when I try to install the plugin... Yet I can't find the "Ink Redistributable" that the Handwriting plugin says I need before installation... 8-)
You answered your own problem. You need to install the "Ink Redistributable"...
quote:
Best thing to do is install InfoPen instead, go to your Messenger Plus! 2\Plugins folder, and delete the following two files when Messenger isn't open:
Developers.txt
MsnHandWriting.dll
Wrong....
1) It isn't the best thing todo...
InfoPen is a packet that enables Ink Messages for Outlook (Express). In doing so, it has an extra feature to enable them also in MSN Messenger.
2) The plugin, is just to enable them in MSN Messenger, nothing more...
3) Did you read developers.txt? developers.txt isn't part of the plugin. It is a very short explaination for developers of how to create a plugin for Messenger Plus!. So, it is part of Messenger Plus! Evenso, a text document is a text document, nothing more. It isn't a crucial part of ANY program.
quote:
Until I find the ink redistributable, I won't be able to solve this. If anybody knows where it is or could send it to me via e-mail, Messenger or AIM, I'd be more than happy if they could. (Y) If they find a website with it, they could post it here so the problem is solved for everyone. :)
Did you READ the "manual"/"readme"/"instructions"/whatever you wanna call it that comes with the plugin????????? The Ink Redistributables are within the archive itself. You don't need to find them, you already have them...

I'm sorry to sound so harsh, but I'm getting bored with people who don't read instructions that comes with something. Not understanding instructions is another thing, but you clearly didn't read them. And you don't need to be a computer-wizard to figure out you need to read instructions.

Sir, what if the ink redistributables isn't in the zip file, as is in my case? Downloaded from both mess.be and msgplus.net? I cannot find this singularly anywhere. Would appreciate some assistance. Regards
06-28-2004 07:16 PM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
Indeed, apparently that file has been removed from the zip file, sorry for the confusion. You can download the Ink Redistributables from http://kaonet.net/page.php?id=75 :)
06-28-2004 07:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: