What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Questions

Questions
Author: Message:
marci_sarwan

O.P. RE: Custom Names
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry but I'm new at this.  Not sure if I should be posting my question here but I couldn't find a place to post my question in the home page.  So I'm terribly sorry if I posted in the wrong place.  Anyhow, I was wondering if there is a way to modify my Displayname on msn messenger.  Does anyone know how to:

1) To increase the characters entered in the Displayname? 
    Currently there is a limit.
2) Change the size of font or the color of the Displayname?
3) Add different language like Chinese characters?

I did manage to change the font color using the Messenger Plus but for some reason my friends couldn't see it.  Could it be because they didn't install Messenger Plus because after they installed it they were able to see it.  Same with the status.

That's a lot of questions but if anyone can help that'll be great!

Thanks!

Marci
03-01-2004 08:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Hah

Im in a good mood - take advantage!

37 / Male / –
RE: RE: Custom Names
quote:
Originally posted by marci_sarwan
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry but I'm new at this.  Not sure if I should be posting my question here but I couldn't find a place to post my question in the home page.  So I'm terribly sorry if I posted in the wrong place.  Anyhow, I was wondering if there is a way to modify my Displayname on msn messenger.  Does anyone know how to:

1) To increase the characters entered in the Displayname? 
    Currently there is a limit.

I believe the limit is placed by the MSN Protocol and therefore can not be overcome by the user. Only microsoft have the power to change the limit. - dont hold me to that one

quote:
2) Change the size of font or the color of the Displayname?

Yes, use plus ofcourse - but other users will also require plus! to see the colours - otherwise they see all kinds of #*$%.

quote:
3) Add different language like Chinese characters?
No Idea

quote:
I did manage to change the font color using the Messenger Plus but for some reason my friends couldn't see it.  Could it be because they didn't install Messenger Plus because after they installed it they were able to see it.  Same with the status.

Yep - with the special formatting options - the user will require plus to view them. however - i think any user can view the personalised statement as the text is only a addition to the end of your name. (afaik)

Tah,

Hah
This post was brought to you by Hah!
(and he takes no responsibility for it :p)

[Image: signatures.jpg]

{Current Web Site}
03-01-2004 09:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: