What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » About freedom of speech and quality of software.

About freedom of speech and quality of software.
Author: Message:
billywoods1

35 / Male / –
RE: About freedom of speech and quality of software.
Blah, freedom of speech exists nowhere.

I suppose maybe you might have overacted, but it seems to me that (if I understand what you said) you acted fairly. It looks like you actually told them about the trojans/whatever, not just came onto the board and said "THERE'S A TROJAN ON MY COMPUTER YOU BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111", as most people do. :P

Even so, it's their board, and I know from experiences here that loads of people coming here and saying one thing without looking for similar posts is annoying, and has caused a ban or two. You're probably not gonna get back onto that board, not that you'd need to, and it's within their power to do that.

I remember when I first found out about the "spyware" in msgplus I got really annoyed... and of course, I overacted. I didn't start shouting and insulting and stuff, and in the end people cleared the issue up with me, and I found it was a simple misunderstanding, and I'm still here. So maybe they overacted more than you... and yes, I respect Patchou too... both for giving us this optional sponsor (not spyware as I thought! :P), and for putting up with my complaints... and the several hundred other complaints from more annoying people.
[Image: title.gif]
Please visit my site, Lamerde, by clicking this broken picture. :mipdodgy: It's intentional. Honestly.

03-13-2004 08:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
About freedom of speech and quality of software. - by Islander on 03-13-2004 at 07:16 PM
RE: About freedom of speech and quality of software. - by Anubis on 03-13-2004 at 08:01 PM
RE: About freedom of speech and quality of software. - by billywoods1 on 03-13-2004 at 08:36 PM
RE: About freedom of speech and quality of software. - by Islander on 03-13-2004 at 09:05 PM
RE: About freedom of speech and quality of software. - by Chrono on 03-13-2004 at 09:21 PM
RE: About freedom of speech and quality of software. - by viz on 03-14-2004 at 01:51 AM
RE: About freedom of speech and quality of software. - by InsaneXterminator on 03-17-2004 at 09:58 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: