What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Tabbed MSN

Pages: (31): « First « 15 16 17 18 [ 19 ] 20 21 22 23 » Last »
Tabbed MSN
Author: Message:
gatepass007

sAd boy mAd boy.

40 / Male / –
RE: Tabbed MSN
I can't install tabbed MSN. When I am trying to install then I'm getting this message (*Attached Image).

Note: I have complete uninstalled Windows Messenger. My MSN messenger's version is 6.2.0133.

If I click YES and install anyway then tabbed MSN doesn't work with MSN Messenger. So, won't Tabbed MSN work with MSN Messenger. :(. Any suggestion?

.jpg File Attachment: Prob.jpg (99.25 KB)
This file has been downloaded 234 time(s).
05-09-2004 06:39 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
vlio

– / Male / –
I've installed the new version, and I have one more problem than before:

1) Problems that I already had with the previous version:
           -   The flashing one still doesn't works
           -   When TabMSN is enabled, when I have a convo in my    taskbar, it prevent my taskbar from auto-hiding :o

2) New problem:
         I can't have a convo open in another way than in full screen. When I open one with somebody, it try to open in a reduced windows, as usual, but it immediately disapears in the task-bar. So, to have the convo on the screen, I have to right-click it in the taskbar and put it in full screen. That's a bit ennoying...

So, I hope you can fix all these bugs, because its a usefull plugin !(Y)
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we (GW Bush)

[Image: vlio.png]
05-09-2004 07:51 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Black_Forky

RE: RE: Tabbed MSN
quote:
Originally posted by gatepass007
I can't install tabbed MSN. When I am trying to install then I'm getting this message (*Attached Image).

Note: I have complete uninstalled Windows Messenger. My MSN messenger's version is 6.2.0133.

If I click YES and install anyway then tabbed MSN doesn't work with MSN Messenger. So, won't Tabbed MSN work with MSN Messenger. :(. Any suggestion?

Install Windows messanger Four (H)
[Image: LAME.jpg]
*Caution* You could be lame if you are not careful
05-09-2004 08:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dr.Unactive

visit WWW.SAGMA-CENTURY.TK

34 / Other / –
quote:
Originally posted by dj_bri_t
Hi.  I'm having a problem installing the plugin. 

I've extracted the files from the ZIP file (I've tried both WinRAR and WinZip), and I've put them in a folder.  I ran Installer.exe, but when I click Install, I get the following error message:

"Something went wrong while copying the files, please shut down msn and retry"

I've shut down MSN by closing it, and I've checked the task list to make sure it's not running, but I still get the error.  I've also tried sticking the Zipped files in Messenger Plus! 2\Plugins directory. 

Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know how to get around/fix this?

Thanks in advance.

I've got the same problem, I don't know how to fix it!!!!
SO... if anyone knows how to fix it: PLEAZZ TELL US
05-09-2004 11:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by NoName
quote:
Originally posted by whYeNQue
What about the boss protection or locked messenger compatability?

Wouter has been looking into that , I talked with him yesterday. The only way too really tell if Messenger Plus! has gone into Boss Protection is to read the registry setting...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\YourEmail@GoesHere.com\Pr
eferences\BossProtections\BossProtection0\BossProtectStatus

The problem is , the setting is always set to 1 wether you are in Boss Protection mode or not. So he is gonna have to talk to patchou about it.

No, that key isn't for that... that key holds the status that the Boss Protection uses when it is activated...
value 0 = Status "Online"
value 1 = Status "Busy"
value 2 = Status "Be right back"
value 3 = Status "Away"
etc...

There is no key in the registry that is set when you go into Boss Protection, (or Messenger Lock for that matter)...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-09-2004 11:20 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Tabbed MSN
quote:
Originally posted by Black_Forky
quote:
Originally posted by gatepass007

Install Windows messanger Four (H)

Indeed, TabMSN needs Windows Messenger to work because it uses the Messenger API. (like said in this thread somewhere)

And for that, uninstall Windows Messenger (on XP) is a bad idea... there is a reason why Microsoft made it a bit more difficult to uninstall it then other programs... It is just like MSIE, some programs depend on it, so don't uninstall it ;) I suggest to install the latest Windows Messenger.

Proberly you uninstalled Windows Messenger because you thought you wouldn't need it (but other programs need it! Even MSN Messenger needs it to work 100%), or you uninstalled it because you had problems with it because it always started up when you opened Outlook or something...

For that I suggest to read this post and do what is said ;):
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21...d=201175#pid201175
05-09-2004 11:29 AM
extrodity

38 / Male / –
OK. first of all, set both windows messenger and msn messenger to not start with windows:

Windows messenger: tools ---> option---> preferences -  deselect the top option

MSN Messenger: tools ---> options ---> general -  deselect the top option

Then restart your computer.  Once windows has loaded and you haved logged on (if neccesary) then try to install it again.

You should not recieve this error if done correctly, unless your user does not have write permission to the MSG plus folder, which may happen if your user is a limited account.....

If you are an admin on xp then it shouldnt be a problem

Extrodity

05-09-2004 11:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
whYeNQue

thats me (",)

41 / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: Tabbed MSN
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by NoName
quote:
What about the boss protection or locked messenger compatability?

Wouter has been looking into that , I talked with him yesterday. The only way too really tell if Messenger Plus! has gone into Boss Protection is to read the registry setting...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\YourEmail@GoesHere.com\Pr
eferences\BossProtections\BossProtection0\BossProtectStatus

The problem is , the setting is always set to 1 wether you are in Boss Protection mode or not. So he is gonna have to talk to patchou about it.

No, that key isn't for that... that key holds the status that the Boss Protection uses when it is activated...
value 0 = Status "Online"
value 1 = Status "Busy"
value 2 = Status "Be right back"
value 3 = Status "Away"
etc...

There is no key in the registry that is set when you go into Boss Protection, (or Messenger Lock for that matter)...

so.... is it gonna happen... is it possible... or i shouldnt get my hopes up too much?
05-10-2004 04:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Varish

36 / Male / –
[offtopic] Cameno dosent support mutli MSN, thats the only crappy part abt it [/offtopic]

Tabbed MSN doesnt support Multi Messenger either for me. But it works with the accout i use. :D, unlike Cameno.
[Image: sig.png]
05-10-2004 05:40 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: Tabbed MSN
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

so.... is it gonna happen... is it possible... or i shouldnt get my hopes up too much?
Nope, I doubt it will happen (it isn't in MP!3 anyway) because the registry holds preferences. In other words it is meant for holding static data that Plus! needs to run properly. The registry isn't used to reflect the states of MSN Messenger and/or Plus!.
Blah, crappy explaination, but anyways...

It _could_ be possible though, but Patchou didn't do it yet because there is no use for it; Plus! knows in what state it is, it doesn't need the registry to know that ;) The only use would be for other programs, so maybe if you ask Patchou very nicely he will implement it ;)
05-10-2004 09:41 AM
Pages: (31): « First « 15 16 17 18 [ 19 ] 20 21 22 23 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: