What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Sponsor software idea

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
Sponsor software idea
Author: Message:
theloginisbroken

The Entomologist

– / Other / –
O.P. RE: Sponsor software idea
I wasn't suggesting that it be an automatic install, (though I agree Kian that it might mention that you can install without agreeing, though it IS thier own fault for not reading what it says). My suggestion was not critisizm of how it's being done now, only a suggestion for a way that it might be improved to make it more valuable to Patchou. :-) At the same time as presenting the thought I also recognize that it would take time, and I don't know what Patchou's agreement is with the sponsor.

~The Entomologist

PS- how DO I get my old login back? I already tried wiping the password and it didn't work.

This post was edited on 03-23-2004 at 07:38 PM by theloginisbroken.
03-23-2004 07:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
RE: Sponsor software idea
quote:
Originally posted by theloginisbroken
PS- how DO I get my old login back? I already tried wiping the password and it didn't work.
Where exactly is the problem? Did you get the e-mail message? Errors?

(Posts about this topic will be deleted after the problem is resolved)
03-23-2004 10:07 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Kian

41 / Male / –
RE: RE: Sponsor software idea
[list=1]
[/list]
quote:
Originally posted by ---+[Matty]+---
To the two posters above me, please spamming, keep it for T&T and to any mod Please remove Kian's avatar as its an SWF File that takes forever to load then its not even found on the server.

Well... actually i am a bit angry...

first: do not call me a spammer. It was a comment that was ment to show that Choli often critisize posts without getting the point - and my 'smilie' was like a symbol; i-dont-want-to-comment-your-odd-negative-comment-like...

second point one: you cannot even browse swf-files in this forum
second point two: why would you want to remove my avatar if you cannot see it anyway
second point three: please remove Matty - he does not even exist (what a silly thing to say - just like your comment - like messing around with your integrity)

quote:
Thanks

Anyways all the people should be happy that the option is there to not install the Sponsor. What about programs like Kazaa who install "New Dot Not", "Gator", "n-Case" and others. I dont hear you guys complaining about that whos installation is hidden and is installed once you agree to the license agreement.

So please before you critic something, think of the people doing it without your knowledge then after comparing you may complain.

Oh and for the record, Its Optional again It clear stats "I ACCEPT, install Messenger Plus! with the sponsor prorgam"
"I refuse, do not install the sponsor program"

Cheers,
  Matty

You are still missing the point. I have asked the Danish usenet 1000 of times and almost all of the Plus!-users installed the sponsor-program by a mistake...
You can say that it is not your table but you still cannot ignore that users are getting angry and removes the Plus!-extension - and those who wants to avoid other users from installing the program keeps mention that Plus! is one big ad...

The point is: No-one wants to read the text - you have to make it all clear through the two radiobuttons...

// Peter

This post was edited on 03-23-2004 at 10:36 PM by Kian.
lets get one thing straight - i am NOT
03-23-2004 10:30 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Kian
first: do not call me a spammer. It was a comment that was ment to show that Choli often critisize posts without getting the point
Well, I couldn't read your post because when I checked the thread it had been already deleted

Anyway, where do I critisize posts? Maybe my english isn't good enough to express exactly what I mean and then people may not understand what I want to say. Well, about that post, I've only said my personal opinion (that, of course, may be different from yours) and asked in which way you'd change the texts, because I see them quite understandable.

I am very sorry if I offended you in any way. That was not my pourpose. However you should understand that if you suggest that the texts should be changed, you should say what would be the new texts, shouldn't you? That's why I asked that.

I know and agree with you about people not reading and only clicking next, next and next..., but what can we/Patchou do? Play a very loud sound through the speakers saying "Hey!! be careful, you're gonna install the sponsor!!!"? I think you agree with me that plus has to be a professional, serious software. It can't add that sound, neither a blinking red-blue background at the sponsor installation screen to make users notice it.

Once again, I do not want to despise you neither your posts. We're here to discuss our views and help each other. No offense. :)

Thanks and excuse me.
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
03-23-2004 11:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
war59312

39 / Male / –
Well I think a good idea would be is when you click to install with the sponser another window pops up asking if your sure. That would solve this problem I'm sure. If not, well damn.

Anyways I agree with more options when it comes to the sponser program. You should be able to turn it off and on at will. Really you should be. I would use it sometimes myself. Run it at night and let it display ads. Then just run my supper ad/popup killer and its all good. hehe

Seriously I think if you let the user turn it off and on at will more people will isinstall it and you will make more money. Kinda of a shame thats what its all about but I understand. Personlly if I where you MsgPlus would of been payware a long time ago. ;)

Mabye thats an idea. :P

cya,
Will

God Bless America
03-24-2004 05:53 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by war59312
Well I think a good idea would be is when you click to install with the sponser another window pops up asking if your sure. That would solve this problem I'm sure. If not, well damn.

It does?

quote:
Originally posted by war59312
Seriously I think if you let the user turn it off and on at will more people will isinstall it and you will make more money. Kinda of a shame thats what its all about but I understand. Personlly if I where you MsgPlus would of been payware a long time ago.

You can turn the sponsor off just uninstall Plus! and reinstall you dont even lose your Plus! settings :P

Payware nah Patchous too generous :P  And he's already said people will just Crack it :P
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
03-24-2004 10:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Kian

41 / Male / –
RE: RE: Sponsor software idea
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
Originally posted by Kian
first: do not call me a spammer. It was a comment that was ment to show that Choli often critisize posts without getting the point
Well, I couldn't read your post because when I checked the thread it had been already deleted

Anyway, where do I criticize posts? Maybe my english isn't good enough to express exactly what I mean and then people may not understand what I want to say. Well, about that post, I've only said my personal opinion (that, of course, may be different from yours) and asked in which way you'd change the texts, because I see them quite understandable.

I am very sorry if I offended you in any way. That was not my pourpose. However you should understand that if you suggest that the texts should be changed, you should say what would be the new texts, shouldn't you? That's why I asked that.

I know and agree with you about people not reading and only clicking next, next and next..., but what can we/Patchou do? Play a very loud sound through the speakers saying "Hey!! be careful, you're gonna install the sponsor!!!"? I think you agree with me that plus has to be professional, serious software. It can't add that sound, neither a blinking red-blue background at the sponsor installation screen to make users notice it.

Once again, I do not want to despise you neither your posts. We're here to discuss our views and help each other. No offense. :)

Thanks and excuse me.

I do so much agree - anyway it wasn't your post that pissed me off :D (Matty did that job very well).
I am not blaming you on your spelling-skills etc (I am not that good myself :P)
What I wanted to say with the :P-face was that sometimes you admins makes an EOD (End Of Discussion) without the D (Discussion) and sometimes it is - well - not a nice way to act. Its like ignoring the entire post (I have also noticed that one of my posts was moved without telling whereto - very nice)

I know the sponsor-thing is a problem and I know that it is impossible to do things like including a speaker (not in the programming-way but because of that Plus is a serious program :P)... but that doesn't makes people like the program... I am thinking of those who hits the Next-button with their brain offline. When they discover that they got the sponsor program it is almost impossible to make 'em calm down and make 'em stop spreading the gossip that Plus! is one big sponsor-program...

Therefore I propose that the text on the RadioButtons should be replaced with a text that makes it easier to understand what the sponsor program does...

// Kian
DK Translator
lets get one thing straight - i am NOT
03-24-2004 02:35 PM
Pappapishu

Supreme god of unknown and vegetable

39 / Male / –
something has to be done with that sponsor problem i have just read this

'The annoying part of all of this is that Patchou himself, the creator of MSN Plus, denies lop.com as being spyware, he said “Please stop with this spyware thing, it’s just not true.” That was a huge mistake made by Patchou. I would also like to add, that if you ever require assistance in MSN Plus do not go to Patchou’s forum. Everyone there is arrogant and could care less if MSN Plus just exploded your computer. They will most likely reply with a rude answer and Patchou might even edit your post and insult you, he has done it before and im sure he would do it again.'

i don't understand why in the web where i saw this they were all against plus! They are using this sponsor program to keep people from downloading plus! and therefor missing a great add-on, and this sponsor thing is just giving them more arguments, i don't want to discuss wether it's spyware or not, that i think it isn't, but it's making patchous loose a lot of users. I also read somewhere else of a argument between patchou and someone alse that was immediately banned because he said it was spyware, please don't give plus's enemys more arguments...

Besides i think that here in the forum people are willing to help, or at least when i needed help
03-24-2004 03:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
lol, may I ask where did you read such a thing?

Don't worry about it, internet is a world where everybody can say anything they want. Maybe this guy was frustrated and maybe he has a good reason for that (I just hope the majority of you is not thinking the same way :p).

Note: the only time I banned someone from the forum was because the guy spent months replying to posts with the same message: "Patchou is evil" and I definitively think that I was right to ban him after the last message he posted. As for editing people's posts to insult them, I think I have better things to do with my life.

This post was edited on 03-24-2004 at 06:25 PM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-24-2004 06:22 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
lol, may I ask where did you read such a thing?
I did a quick Google search earlier and got one result: http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8084&hl=msn+plus :dodgy:

quote:
Note: the only time I banned someone from the forum was because the guy spent months replying to posts with the same message: "Patchou is evil" and I definitively think that I was right to ban him after the last message he posted.
Yep. (y)

Usually (well, lately anyway) when someone complains about the sponsor, as long they respect us and don't flame right away, we're nice to them. Back when that spywareinfo.com post was written, there were probably tons of people complaining here, and all the regulars were getting frustrated. :-/

quote:
As for editing people's posts to insult them, I think I have better things to do with my life.
lol... I can only remember one time when something like that was done, and it seemed like a harmless joke to me. :p
03-24-2004 06:47 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: