What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Bug after Importing Settings

Bug after Importing Settings
Author: Message:
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Bug after Importing Settings
After you import your settings there are 2 Problems.
1) Plus! doesn't recognize the encryption password so you have to turn it off, Apply settings, then reset the password.

2) Cases are not logged as they are supposed to be, I found the case, its when you import settings and the User name is different then the one you used before.

Maybe Patchou could fix it, it not its cool.

Cheers Matty
03-25-2004 11:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Bug after Importing Settings
The encryption password is not saved in the file, for security reasons. After you import your data, you just have to go in the preferences and change your password again :).

As for "cases", I'm sorry but I don't understand, please give more information about this problem. Thanks.
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-25-2004 10:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Bug after Importing Settings
For when you import your settings you have one account namt

User 1

You reformat and install windows and your username is different

User 2

Now the cases are tried to be saved to a director for a user that doesn't exist.

Is there a way to change that?
03-25-2004 11:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
As replied on Messenger (I repeat if for everyone else), this is a normal and good behaviour. Import is supposed to import all your settings, includign the logging directory. Some people want it to be kept the same. Plus!3 automatically creates the logging directory if it doesn't exist so it will solve any problem related to import :).
03-26-2004 07:19 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
As replied on Messenger (I repeat if for everyone else), this is a normal and good behaviour. Import is supposed to import all your settings, includign the logging directory. Some people want it to be kept the same. Plus!3 automatically creates the logging directory if it doesn't exist so it will solve any problem related to import :).
But some people don't, although they want the same other options, so... A quick question on that:
Does it create the non-existing directory when you import the settings? Or does it create it when the first line of text is to be written? I'm curious about it, because if you create the dir when you import, this can result in some empty/redundant dirs all over the place, when you are importing settings from other users/accounts/whatever... If it is created when it needs to be created (when the first text is to be logged), you have to the time the change the dir in the preferences after the import and before it is created...

Or maybe another option when importing: "create logdir when not found"

(If you catch my drift)

This post was edited on 03-26-2004 at 09:42 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-26-2004 09:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
The directory is created when Messenger Plus! flushes the log of a chat in its final destination (so, while you're chating). You won't get any empty directory that way if you change the directory soon enough.
03-26-2004 09:26 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: