What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Plus IRC chat....

Plus IRC chat....
Author: Message:
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
O.P. Happy  Plus IRC chat....
mmmmm... ive been noticing recently, that alot of new people going on the chat, think its just for help... maybe if it was made more obvious that it was a normal chat aswell, we'd get more visitors :D

kangie
[Image: sig.jpg]
03-25-2004 04:07 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Plus IRC chat....
Wen they ask 4 help and see us talking about general topics then they'll add 2+2 toghther and get 4 (hopefully)
03-25-2004 04:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by kangie
think its just for help
I strongly disagree. :P

If help wasnt able to be provided by using it then it wouldnt exist. The same goes for the forums; Its a medium for helping someone with characteristics added by regular visitors/members. The 'community' side of things is just a decriptions for discussions about plus/issues. Ultimatlely there purpose is only to offer support IMO.
03-25-2004 06:41 PM
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by kangie
mmmmm... ive been noticing recently, that alot of new people going on the chat, think its just for help... maybe if it was made more obvious that it was a normal chat aswell, we'd get more visitors :D

kangie

It'll get busy when MP!3 is released!  People will be complaining left right and centre.  Wanting to add features , and asking why they have a toolbar in IE.  It'll be cool!  Perhaps we might even get some more regulars!
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
03-26-2004 11:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Theo

distort yourself

Right atm, everyone whos been their besides a few have been their for ages, and get tired of always helping people, always asking the same questions and they get bored and talk. Fine enough with me, though once a member requesting help comes in we shud give them the fullest support they need. Though sometimes a lot of users are just .......... ;\ and a lot of the time it gets very spammy ( i no im not the best at it either ) but maybe if they looked around a lil bit more instead of their no #1 choice being goin to irc it would be a lil more pleasent, cause answering the same question hundreds of hundreds of time -_-

--
and yes even i get annoyed by users frequently coming in yelling

<users> OMG MSZGPLUS GAVE ME A VIRUS AND SPYWARE

-_- , and then denying that they accepted the sponser

( though tbh the sponser looks like a ToS)

This post was edited on 03-26-2004 at 01:02 PM by Theo.
[Image: institute_covrgb_thumb.jpg]

03-26-2004 12:56 PM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Theo
Right atm, everyone whos been their besides a few have been their for ages, and get tired of always helping people, always asking the same questions and they get bored and talk. Fine enough with me, though once a member requesting help comes in we shud give them the fullest support they need. Though sometimes a lot of users are just .......... ;\ and a lot of the time it gets very spammy ( i no im not the best at it either ) but maybe if they looked around a lil bit more instead of their no #1 choice being goin to irc it would be a lil more pleasent, cause answering the same question hundreds of hundreds of time -_-

I never tire about answering the same questions over an over again. It's what I do. I volunteered for #msgplus Operator and am helping when I want. We aren't fully obligated to help, though I may try and get the helpers to..actully..do..something. There are still a number of users that go to the chat seeking help and leaving because the regulars are spamming, debating or because the helpers ignore the questions/don't see them. Hopefully this will change soon enough..I know I'm not one to speak, as I'm just an Op, but well..it's getting out of hand.
03-29-2004 05:42 PM
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
There are still a number of users that go to the chat seeking help and leaving because the regulars are spamming, debating or because the helpers ignore the questions/don't see them. Hopefully this will change soon enough..I know I'm not one to speak, as I'm just an Op, but well..it's getting out of hand.

We can soon fix that  If I was that desperate to shut everyone up I'd just make the room moderated.  But we are entitled to chat in there as well, and I help people even at an inconvienice to myself.  We'll most likely develop more help when Plus! 3 is released and perhaps we'll tire but I think we can manage. 
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
03-29-2004 06:14 PM
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
We can soon fix that  If I was that desperate to shut everyone up I'd just make the room moderated.  But we are entitled to chat in there as well, and I help people even at an inconvienice to myself.  We'll most likely develop more help when Plus! 3 is released and perhaps we'll tire but I think we can manage.
Theoretically... Plus! 3 is meant to be easier to operate... So maybe not?
03-29-2004 06:20 PM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
Hopefully in the new website for Msgplus 3 we will make it more clear that the chat is part of the "Community" and not [edit] only [/edit] part of the "Support" section of the website.

This post was edited on 03-29-2004 at 06:29 PM by Guido.
03-29-2004 06:22 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: