What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Handwrithing for Windows 98

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Handwrithing for Windows 98
Author: Message:
zappy004

Char Jaune!

35 / Male / –
RE: RE: Handwriting for Windows 98
quote:
Originally posted by Eric
why use an outdated os like Windows 98? Just upgrade to Windows XP or Windows 2000...if you don't have the money to buy them, then forget about the Handwriting plugin....it won't work with 98...for now.

Sorry but i hate these kind of replies...

I have Win ME and i won't upgrade to XP

Ask every 95, 98, ME users why they still have these old versions: money, dont want to, dont need to?!
I didn't upgrade because of these three reasons, and i doubt that with my 128 MB of RAM i could support XP
and NO dont' tell me to buy better RAM...

it is just pitiful that MS makes MSN Messenger for all OS, but after adds Handwriting only to XP...
V'nez donc vous faire sauter la rate: POTBP.tk
V'nez donc sur notre autre site: L0rn.tk=D
04-19-2004 11:25 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Handwrithing for Windows 98
quote:
Originally posted by zappy
Ask every 95, 98, ME users why they still have these old versions: money

yeah, cos everyone pays for their copy of windows 2000 8-)

quote:
nd i doubt that with my 128 MB of RAM i could support XP

My pc is 128mb ram, 750mhz duron, 18gb HDD. And it runs 2k fine. Also the minimum requirments for xp is like 64mb and the reccomended is 128mb -  i think

quote:
it is just pitiful that MS makes MSN Messenger for all OS, but after adds Handwriting only to XP...

y? MSN messenger is free, and a lot of software is backwards compatiable anyway, maybe there is something in windows 2000 and xp, that isn't in windows 98 which makes it hard to make the ink redists for 98...

And to be fair, most ppl who have windows 98 on their pc, either dont use the OS a lot, so wudnt benifit from ink redists. OR have an illegal copy. So it isnt really commerically viable for microsoft to make them.

And before you start bitching about how you are a law abiding citizen and you use the OS a lot AND have a legal copy. remember, i said most ppl.

This post was edited on 04-19-2004 at 12:11 PM by saralk.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
04-19-2004 12:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Eric

The miracles of PHP

48 / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: Handwriting for Windows 98
quote:
Originally posted by zappy004
quote:
Originally posted by Eric
why use an outdated os like Windows 98? Just upgrade to Windows XP or Windows 2000...if you don't have the money to buy them, then forget about the Handwriting plugin....it won't work with 98...for now.

Sorry but i hate these kind of replies...

I have Win ME and i won't upgrade to XP

Ask every 95, 98, ME users why they still have these old versions: money, dont want to, dont need to?!
I didn't upgrade because of these three reasons, and i doubt that with my 128 MB of RAM i could support XP

Ok...I'm sorry but I think you got the wrong message...
Well I DID say Win 98 is an outdated OS, and I know I was too harsh on that comment, but microsoft said it themselves that they will offer support for the Win9x series of OSs up till 2003, which has passed.
So your only bet is to wait for someone to make a third party ink redist, or switch to Windows 2000/XP.
BTW why would I tell you to get a better RAM? Is 128 MB bad??? Well for optimum performance on Windows XP, I recommend 256 MB RAM ;)
king.of.fanelia@Gmail.com
king_of_fanelia@msgplus.net
04-20-2004 05:21 AM
musicalmidget
Elite Member

Hmm, randomness...

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Handwrithing for Windows 98
Well, Windows 98 is very old now, but many people still use because of it's stability.  To be honest, I prefer Windows 98 to Windows XP, but I use XP because some important software I use can't run on 98.  If it did, I would gladly change back. :p

I know it's a pain when a lot of things you want to run require a different version of your operating system, but that's life.  Unfortunately there's rarely anything that can be done. :-/
04-20-2004 01:31 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: