What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » EXPLORER CRASHES ON 2k & XP

EXPLORER CRASHES ON 2k & XP
Author: Message:
ahmed

O.P. Huh?  EXPLORER CRASHES ON 2k & XP
:S:S:S
hello my WINDOWS EXPLORER crashes whenever i load messenger plus build 2.54.75, and the new messenger 6.2 found whenever i start messenger windows explorer takes  100% processing rate  and i have to close it using windows task manager. messenger works fine without plus,, but everytime i load plus this error keeps on occuring.
thank you and i wish for a reply soon as i like plus! ;)

This post was edited on 04-28-2004 at 02:39 AM by ahmed.
04-28-2004 02:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: EXPLORER CRASHES ON 2k & XP
Well, it seems that your computer has some serious problems :p. I'm sorry to tell you that I have no idea how you could fix this problem.
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-28-2004 02:57 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
Are you sure it's not MSN? I know 6.2 is prety unstable.
Try un-instaling Plus! and launching MSN. If it still does it then it's 6.2 and not Plus!
Either way, I suggest you go back to 6.1...6.2 has VERY FEW new features and is very unstable.
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
04-28-2004 03:06 AM
angelo

45 / Male / –
Maybe it's your Registry , i had a lot oof the same problems before i clean my registry , now my pc runs smoothly .
04-28-2004 03:36 AM
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
http://www.tune-up.com/  Try running all of this programs features to clean up your system.  It removes pretty much all the junk and dodgy crap on your system :)

Keeps mine working in tip-top condition

also run a good spyware and anti virus programs to ensure your systems clean and not lagged out by these
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
04-28-2004 11:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
http://www.tune-up.com/  Try running all of this programs features to clean up your system.  It removes pretty much all the junk and dodgy crap on your system :)

Keeps mine working in tip-top condition

also run a good spyware and anti virus programs to ensure your systems clean and not lagged out by these
Indeed, Tune-up is quite good. Run Ad-aware as well, as he suggests.

The best would be reinstalling Windows, but I don't think you want to get into that ;)
04-28-2004 05:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ahmed

O.P. Shocked  RE: EXPLORER CRASHES ON 2k & XP
:^)after a serious repair

After i did the tune up,, it worked a bit but explorer began to crash again, so I re installed windows,, 2k with sp4 , i installed firewall, windows updates,, ,all seems to be working fine,, but after the first restart all crashes+o(,, i think it is from windows update,. it might be making conflicts
8-|
  • please see the attatched file :) to know the misery i am in :(

This post was edited on 04-29-2004 at 02:33 AM by ahmed.
04-29-2004 02:31 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
If I were you, I would reinstall Windows again. However, you should reinstall it from a clean base. The best thing you can possibily do is backup all your personal data, reformart your hard disk and reinstall Windows. After Windows is reinstalled, install all the latest certified versions of your hardware drivers. Then, install all the updates available on Windows Update (don't worry, there's almot no way they can be responsbible for your problems). After all that has been done, create a restore point in Windows (if you don't know how to do it, check the help).

At this point, you should have a clean operating systen, working at top performances. Now you can start to reinstall your usual applications and if a problem occurs, you'll be able to restore your system to its previous working state, which will save you some time. My guess however, is that your firewall if the one causing problems... crashes are often causes by bad drivers (that's why I insisted on the fact that you have to install certified drivers only) or by low level applications (firewalls are in this category).

Good luck!
Patchou
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-29-2004 05:48 AM
ahmed

O.P. Huh?  RE: EXPLORER CRASHES ON 2k & XP
(H)(H)(H)FINALLY IT WORKED WITH NO PROBLEMS ;)
Hello Patchou thank you for your reply, this time I raw formatted my hard disk and installed a clean version of windows of xp sp1 with a fire wall and seems just fine so far with messenger and plus BUT I didn't install any updates so far,, and no crashes ever occurs in the mean time.. thx all for help :)
04-30-2004 11:16 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: