What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » New Games etc. UK

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
New Games etc. UK
Author: Message:
TedoDude

– / Male / –
O.P. Undecided  New Games etc. UK
I have got MSN Messenger 6.2 and have been submitting little replies about this - but I am getting no answer :S

Is this because nobody knows?

I have got NO new games / emoticons in the UK, and the only new things i can see are the webcam change, emoticons as type, and change of Launch Site to Fun and Games, with different icon.

Any help?
Sorry if this has been asked before - just the search limits to 4 chars minimum - hard to search for 6.2 - you have to search for games and then there are loads of results

Extra note: Audio now works between UK and Canada in 6.2 unlike 6.1.
Asus Crosshair, 4GB Ballistix, 4600+, 7600GT Overclocked, RAID1 160GB + extra 160GB disk, HVR1100 DVB-T Tuner, 2xOptical Drives
05-03-2004 01:29 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
find_your_spot

– / Male / Flag
RE: New Games etc. UK
I have the same, no new games. first in 2003 was everybody speaking about Hexic... But i never see a new game. I think that Microsoft forget Europe :(
[Image: sig.jpg]
05-03-2004 01:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
It's not that M$ forgot Europe...it's more that they don't care :P Generally they do leave you ppl out...sry to say. Can you play if someone from, say, North American requests it?
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
05-03-2004 02:20 PM
tomfletcherman

35 / Male / –
I just changed my msn profile to an american one:P got all the games now and I can get al teh chat rooms etc. if you don't want to do this just get the msn games patch for mess games. they have the US version of the launch site on their own launch site
05-03-2004 02:49 PM
TedoDude

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: New Games etc. UK
aren't both illegal?
Asus Crosshair, 4GB Ballistix, 4600+, 7600GT Overclocked, RAID1 160GB + extra 160GB disk, HVR1100 DVB-T Tuner, 2xOptical Drives
05-03-2004 03:52 PM
Stijn

Just Me

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by find_your_spot
I have the same, no new games. first in 2003 was everybody speaking about Hexic... But i never see a new game. I think that Microsoft forget Europe :(

I download my msn messenger from the us site but i acctually live in europe
05-03-2004 04:06 PM
TedoDude

– / Male / –
So did I - no new games!
05-03-2004 04:26 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
It doesnt matter where u dl it from..its al tied to wich country ur from that u put into ur profile/.NET passport

So in order to get those games u either change the country in ur profile/.NET passport or get the gamespatch at http://mess.be/
(i personally prefer the second option)

This post was edited on 05-03-2004 at 04:43 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-03-2004 04:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by TedoDude
I have got MSN Messenger 6.2 and have been submitting little replies about this - but I am getting no answer :S

Is this because nobody knows?

I have got NO new games / emoticons in the UK, and the only new things i can see are the webcam change, emoticons as type, and change of Launch Site to Fun and Games, with different icon.

Any help?
Sorry if this has been asked before - just the search limits to 4 chars minimum - hard to search for 6.2 - you have to search for games and then there are loads of results

Extra note: Audio now works between UK and Canada in 6.2 unlike 6.1.
If I recall correctly, your question was answered a time ago. If not, then this question has certainly been answered not so long ago... search the forums ;)

In short, it has nothing todo with your version or your language. It has to do with the setting of your geographical location in your .NET Passport settings; Not all games are available for every geographical location... So if you wanna have all the games, then you must set your geographical location to the appropiate location. This has no effect on other things (except, if you forgot your password, you need to fill in your geographical location, and of course, you need to fill in the one you set it to).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-03-2004 04:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
TedoDude

– / Male / –
If i do this - is this legal?
05-03-2004 05:38 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: