What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Log encryption won't work

Log encryption won't work
Author: Message:
enterthemattrix

42 / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Log encryption won't work
Hey everybody,
Recently, the password for my encrypted chat logs suddenly stopped working. Even If I enter the correct password, it tells me that it is incorrect. I have tried disabling encryption, then re-enabling it (first, with the same password, then a second time with a different password). That seemed to work for a while (I talked to someone, closed the window, and was able to open the encrypted log), but when I restarted my computer the password didn't work (on the very log file that had worked before). I have tried simply changing the password, and messenger plus asks me if I want to re-encrypt the logs. I click on yes, and it successfully re-encrypts them. However, the same thing happens the next time I restart my computer. This is getting really annoying, since it means I either have to leave my logs unencrypted (which I'd rather not do) or do away with the logs all together (which I'd also rather not do). I'm using Messenger Plus 2.54.75 and MSN messenger 6.1.0211 on Windows XP Pro.

I'd really appreciate it if someone can help!
-Matt

This post was edited on 05-06-2004 at 12:45 PM by enterthemattrix.
05-06-2004 12:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Log encryption won't work
Sound like the encryption engine got corrupted...only way to restore it is to uninstall and reinstall plus..as for the already encrypted log files...i think they are lost cuz there is no way they can be unencrypted :(
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-06-2004 01:44 PM
kyuubi

Sorry for the abrupt editing and my poor english. I have this problem with my log files as with enterthematrix. But the problem now is that even after uninstalling and reinstalling a newer version, my log files still cannot be decrypted with the password.

This post was edited on 05-07-2004 at 08:46 PM by kyuubi.
05-06-2004 06:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
enterthemattrix

42 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Log encryption won't work
Thanks, I'll try reinstalling it after school today. :)

EDIT:
Well, I've re-installed it and it seems to have worked, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see if the problem happens again.

This post was edited on 05-07-2004 at 01:47 PM by enterthemattrix.
05-07-2004 01:37 AM
Nexohrion

I dont know if Patchou has a rule for it, but could you please use the edit button if nobody else has posted yet, it's not really nice for dubble posting and ehm smeagol, its not your precious files but precious logs :P
05-07-2004 01:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
It won't happen again unless the encryptionengine gets corrupted. Well u know the solution to that now ;)
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-07-2004 01:44 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: