What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Encrypted Files Password

Encrypted Files Password
Author: Message:
junglur

38 / Male / –
O.P. Undecided  Encrypted Files Password
Well same as several other people, basicly i can't get into my encrypted files and for some people i have upto 6 diferent files for them. i've tried unticking encryption and letting it decrypt everything itself but it asks for a password and i've tried every single password i use and none of them work. i had my password as something then changed it but then i changed it back.....its only ever been 2 passwords. but some of them open and some don't. i really need some of these files for my work i've been doing. is there any solution? if not is there any kind of brute forcing tool i can use? or someway of breaking into them? i've lost months of work due to this can someone help? also i think the issue needs to be resolved for latter realeases of msg plus.

please somebody help me....i'm willing to pay if someone can get me results, but won't pay till its proven it can be done or something....this is critical stuff i need =\
05-10-2004 11:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Encrypted Files Password
quote:
Originally posted by junglur
please somebody help me....i'm willing to pay if someone can get me results, but won't pay till its proven it can be done or something....this is critical stuff i need =\

It is possible to decrypt them!  Unfortuantly I know both the people capable of doing so and they most certainly wont.  The idea of encrypting them is so people can't read them.  If you can't remember the password it's unfortuante but the files are now useless.   Sorry  :(  But why would you have essential work in your log files anyways ?
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
05-10-2004 11:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
junglur

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Encrypted Files Password
well talking to work mates and stuff they send me information like URL's to sites, ip addresses, code snipperts and such like and i use my logs so i can refer back to something if i need it rather than copying it into notepad or something and creating millions of different files. i havn't forgoten the password they just won't open with it =\
05-11-2004 04:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: