What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Crystal MSN incompatible with Messenger Plus! ?

Crystal MSN incompatible with Messenger Plus! ?
Author: Message:
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. Crystal MSN incompatible with Messenger Plus! ?
   I've decided to address any problems regarding Crystal MSN compatibility with Messenger Plus! because of the recent problems users have been experiencing. Now although Messenger Plus! works for most/if not all the Crystal MSN users, it seems some users are having difficulty running Messenger Plus! after using my skin.

To solve these problems please read the following.

I've released MORE THAN ONE version of Crystal MSN. Each version released has been labelled appropriately for their specific version. Crystal MSN won't work with any version of MSN Messenger only the specific versions that it has been designed for. To rectify any problems caused please do the following:

If you were running MSN Messenger 6.1.0211 before installing Crystal MSN then please Download THIS version instead of Crystal MSN 6.2.0133

Alternately, if you are running MSN Messenger 6.2.0133 before installing Crystal MSN then please download Crystal MSN 6.2.0133 depending on which patches you want installed etc..:

1) Click here to download Crystal MSN 6.2.0133 with ad-remove and polygamy patch.

2) Click here to download Crystal MSN 6.2.0133 with ad-remove patch only.

3) Click here to download Crystal MSN 6.2.0133 with polygamy patch only.

4) Click here to download Crystal MSN 6.2.0133 without ANY patches at all.

Usually Messenger Plus! would work fine, however in this case Messenger Plus! 2.54.74 isn't compatible with MSN Messenger 6.2. Because of this you have to download Messenger Plus! 2.54.75 for Crystal MSN 6.2.0133/MSN Messenger 6.2.0133 to work with Messenger Plus!.

EvilSeph @ Digital-Fanatic.com if problems persist
05-09-2004 06:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
BooGhost
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Crystal MSN incompatible with Messenger Plus! ?
with my experience as skinner...... i want to say that Plus! (at least untill 2.51) will not hook to the skin if the skinned EXE does not have in the same folder the language name called msgslan.dll (not IT MUST BE NAMED THAT WAY)

well that's it :D
05-11-2004 12:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Crystal MSN incompatible with Messenger Plus! ?
My point is, people have been downloading my 6.2 version of Crystal MSN and applying it to 6.1 therefore effectively removing Messenger Plus! 2.54.74 compatibility.
05-11-2004 04:34 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Seph, this has more ta do with ppl not readin wich version ur skin is for..an if the plus isnt workin for 6.2 they havent updated to the one that was modded for 6.2. I have no probs with ur skin at all :)

Messenger version: 6.2
Plus!2.54.75 modded for messenger 6.2
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-11-2004 04:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Crystal MSN incompatible with Messenger Plus! ?
Indeed, I know that it's a problem when people don't read my instructions/which version to use etc..which is why I issued this warning. I've gotten far too many reports of Crystal MSN not working with Messenger Plus! than I want. And so, once again, I made this announcement to inform Crystal MSN's users of the difference in versions.

This post was edited on 05-11-2004 at 06:58 PM by EvilSeph.
05-11-2004 05:16 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Bah, there's so many ppl not reading an therefor using stuff thats not meant for the messenger version they are using an then afterwards complain bout it not working :(

Is it possible to put a sticker somewhere that says:
Please check if the plug-in, skin etc. ur dl-ing/installing is for the messenger version ur using!

This would sure prevent loads of complaints ;)
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-11-2004 05:23 PM
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
Works Great Evilseph!  I'm using the very latest version of everything.  I don't see where the problem is
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
05-12-2004 10:03 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: