What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Metal Gear Solid & Halo Eyeing the Big Screen

Metal Gear Solid & Halo Eyeing the Big Screen
Author: Message:
Pinchichuv

Viva Mexico y sus mojados

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Metal Gear Solid & Halo Eyeing the Big Screen

Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima is finally thinking about bringing the popular game series to the big screen, reports Variety.

Hollywood studios have been looking to pick up film rights to the testosterone-filled espionage title for some time, says the trade. But Kojima, a movie buff and occasional film critic, has held off on selling film rights until now.

The sophisticated gameplay of the "Metal Game Solid" series has revolutionized the gaming world, and the third installment of the PS2 title offers new 3-D twists and extra components available online. The first two installments were gigantic sellers for Japan's Konami, moving 14.63 million units worldwide (6.64 million in the U.S.) in the past six years.

Meanwhile, a rumor hit the net recently that producers Ronald Shusett ("Alien" franchise) and Daniel Alter have approached Bungie about adapting the "Halo" games into a movie.

Alter confirmed this to ComingSoon.net, adding that they have indeed talked to director Ridley Scott about a possible film. Apparently Bungie will only license the rights if both Scott and Shusett are involved with the project.

i think it would be cool to see this games on the big screen, what do you think?
[Image: equipo_cimarrones_mxl.jpg]

11-29-2004 03:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
RE: Metal Gear Solid & Halo Eyeing the Big Screen
Well, there are also agreements about a Doom Movie.

It's interesting, but most of these projects are finally dismissed, since the success is still unsure. However, it's very possible (although pathetic, imo </sarcasm>) that Halo makes it to the big screen. All the money it has brought Microsoft is enough to make a Holywood superproduction by themselves.
MGS may have a nicer way into the big screen, because its story is more cinematographic, but it's not sure it will success on screens...

We talk about money, not about art anymore. :P
11-29-2004 03:43 PM
Osiris

www.sonsofra.co.uk

36 / Male / –
I wouldnt mind seeing a half-life film myself. :^)
[Image: osisig.jpg]
11-29-2004 04:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

ummm, keystorm, it's not because you hate halo that it shouldn't get on the big screen. i'd love to see a movie out of it. altough the entire game is almost a movie :-/
11-29-2004 04:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Well, there are also agreements about a Doom Movie.

It's interesting, but most of these projects are finally dismissed, since the success is still unsure. However, it's very possible (although pathetic, imo </sarcasm>) that Halo makes it to the big screen. All the money it has brought Microsoft is enough to make a Holywood superproduction by themselves.
MGS may have a nicer way into the big screen, because its story is more cinematographic, but it's not sure it will success on screens...

We talk about money, not about art anymore. :P

Why are you so harsh towards Halo, its not a bad game at all, it would make a good story, the Covenant find a planet called earth, and they think that they are bad, so they start to attack to take over, and they burn everything, then the earth ships retreat on attack, and the covenant chase them and reach the pillar of autumn which goes into hyper speed and see's halo, the covenant attack and the master chief kills a load, they land on halo and start to try and prevent halo from being activated. 2nd one is pretty much the same though, One movie for halo would suffice.

Metal gear solid will be amazing imo though, they are amazing games, apart from the 2nd one which sucked...3rd one will rock.. they will be good movies if they do bring them out, like James Bond, but more mature and realistic apart from the giant robot of course.
11-29-2004 04:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Why are you so harsh towards Halo, its not a bad game at all, it would make a good story, the Covenant find a planet called earth, and they think that they are bad, so they start to attack to take over, and they burn everything, then the earth ships retreat on attack, and the covenant chase them and reach the pillar of autumn which goes into hyper speed and see's halo, the covenant attack and the master chief kills a load, they land on halo and start to try and prevent halo from being activated. 2nd one is pretty much the same though, One movie for halo would suffice.
<sarcasm  level="2">Aw man, great story!! :D </sarcasm>

Note the sarcasm-tags in both here and around the halo-related comment.

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_deition
ummm, keystorm, it's not because you hate halo that it shouldn't get on the big screen. i'd love to see a movie out of it. altough the entire game is almost a movie

So, AM I NOT ALLOWED TO HATE THAT FUCKING GAME ?!?!?!?!

What don't u understand in "I don't like Halo 2"? My English is enough good to build such a simple sentence, so I don't think that's confusingly built.

I don't personally see the difference between this and UT2k4. Don't try to convince me of the opposite because it's MY opinion and MY way to evaluate and compare things.

Concerning the history: I wich that someday there's a movie for Diablo, for example. Comparing MG and Halo... come on... don't tease me... MG defeats many videogames, not only by it's rather innovative game conception, but by its original and factible sci-fi story. Even better than HL. Apart of this... Halo has only 2 releases, and started as a commercial game. MG existed long before Playstation appeared and didn't lose its quality after getting a pure comercial product. The story has been developing and getting continued constantly with solid characters. Even solid snake has developed and there are allusions to former events from past releases you don't really get if you don't play the others. Metal Gear Solid for PSX did have some special material about former stories in order to get you involved in all the Metal Gear world. Yes, it was an arcade game, like former Final Fantasy games. But yes... you were babies, and so was I. The problem is that you don't think that there can ever be past games that may defeat current ones. If this is the case, I'm very sorry about having to tell you you are WRONG.

<sarcasm comment="read anyway">So, now please stick to the topic, you damn spammers :P </sarcasm>

This post was edited on 11-29-2004 at 09:55 PM by KeyStorm.
11-29-2004 09:53 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: