What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » MsgPlus Hotkey Checker - 1.1.3

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   MsgPlus Hotkey Checker - 1.1.3
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: MsgPlus Hotkey Checker - 1.1.2
Leif, yeah, that's exactly watch Patchou said in his post:
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
you should add some internal exceptions for some sections (you can see what I mean by running the program on the english file, it detects some conflicts but some text in the same section can be displayed in different windows/menus that do not conflict with each other).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-16-2004 11:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Leif

81 / Male / –
Not exactly. My example is displayed in the same window (and it does not occur in a menu); the text is displayed on a button that toggles between two states. That is the reason I mentioned this particular case. Easy to miss, I thought.
05-16-2004 11:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ShunterAlhena

Magyar (Hungarian) Translator

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: MsgPlus Hotkey Checker - 1.1.2
I'll try to add some "intelligence" to it for such cases, I think it should not be so hard to do with filters.
About bouncing back letters: the freemail.hu server is off line, it keeps breaking down when it was most important. Send it to farkasb@jedlik.hu please, that is my school server. That *should* work.
And thanks for everyone's help!:)

This post was edited on 05-16-2004 at 12:18 PM by ShunterAlhena.
:deal: Translators: view Hotkey Checker here.
(Gives some false positives, but usable for a crude automatic testing.)
05-16-2004 12:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
yes, it's exactly the same though ;) it is exactly what Patchou means ;)

Anyways, if it could be solved, that would be nice. (I can think of a way/method, much work though because of all the exceptions (and possible changes in the futur)) But if it isn't, then it isn't a big deal IMO. Better safe then sorry ;)

quote:
Originally posted by ZrednaZ
If it's possible to make a program that checks for ampersand conflicts, wouldn't it also be possible to make a program that sets the ampersands entirely automatic?
That would be a very bad idea... This will result in very crappy translations. The ampersand should be placed in a logical manner by a human. For example: "&Cancel Transfer" (first letter in sentence, first letter of main word) or "Cancel &Transfer" and not "Ca&ncel Transfer" (because c and a were already in use?)

This post was edited on 05-16-2004 at 12:12 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-16-2004 12:10 PM
ShunterAlhena

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: MsgPlus Hotkey Checker - 1.1.2
another release, all encoding problem should be fixed now. if the auto detection fails simply switch to unicode encoding.
05-16-2004 07:02 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: MsgPlus Hotkey Checker - 1.1.3
Hey! the idea is good and the program is usefull, however I see problems (as patchou said). There are sections like [IMWindowMenu] that have several levels of menus and so you can repeat shortcut keys and they aren't wrong. There are other sections, like [InstallCommon] where you have 2 buttons that won't be never displayed together ("&Close" and "&Cancell") so they can have the same letter. Also there are values that are used in several menus, (specially in the 3 menus that plus adds to the chat windows (the plus menu, the enhenced one, and the other that is shown when you click the button next to the bolck one :P). I mean, those "&" should be checked with other keys from other sections

well, with all this I don't want you drop the proyect. In fact it's a good program that can be very useful. Continue the great work ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Shunter
Since VB6 had numerous issues concerning Unicode files
I know, but it is possible write a program that handles unicode files (my translator does :P)
quote:
and it seems impossible to make it scroll to a certain point in a TextBox or RichTextBox (if someone knows a way, please email me!),
you have a textbox named Text1 and a RichTextBox named RichTextBox1. Both have the text hello . Ok, the next 2 codes do what you want. Exactly, they select the 2 "l" in hello.
code:
Text1.SelStart = 2
Text1.SelLength = 2
Text1.SetFocus
code:
RichTextBox1.SelStart = 2
RichTextBox1.SelLength = 2
RichTextBox1.SetFocus
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
That would be a very bad idea... This will result in very crappy translations. The ampersand should be placed in a logical manner by a human. For example: "&Cancel Transfer" (first letter in sentence, first letter of main word) or "Cancel &Transfer" and not "Ca&ncel Transfer" (because c and a were already in use?)
totally agree ;)
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-16-2004 08:07 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Quick note about VB: Visual Basic works entirely in Unicode internally. I'm not a VB programmer so I can't help you much, however, I can tell you that when VB gives you an ANSI string, that's because it converted it :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
05-16-2004 08:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ShunterAlhena

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: MsgPlus Hotkey Checker - 1.1.3
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
I know, but it is possible write a program that handles unicode files (my translator does )
Yeah, i read a lot about your program and i decided that i'll try .NET instead of APIs....:)

quote:
Text1.SelStart = 2
Text1.SelLength = 2
Text1.SetFocus
I'm like :o and :|... i spent 2 hours looking for such an expression in MSDN library, with no result... that's when i decided to use .NET. I believed SetFocus is only useful to give a control focus, and the library did not mention that it had a very useful another use...:)
But at least i'm slightly experienced in .NET now, too:D

quote:
Quick note about VB: Visual Basic works entirely in Unicode internally.
:o... however with common expressions or using FSO it does not like opening unicode files. there is a ANSI->Unicode conversion function StrConv, and with it i could kick it to life, but the scrolling problem still remained.

Now i see that it was not VB6 that lacked ability, but me ;)
I'll try and make some filters to add some intelligence to the app.
Thanks for all the help!:D
05-17-2004 12:30 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Yeah, i read a lot about your program and i decided that i'll try .NET instead of APIs...
If you can program in VB.NET, using it would be easier for you than using VB 6, I think. I wrote the translator in VB.NET because I can't program in .NET and because when I did the first release I hadn't got it yet :P
quote:
quote:
Text1.SelStart = 2
Text1.SelLength = 2
Text1.SetFocus
I'm like :o and :|... i spent 2 hours looking for such an expression in MSDN library, with no result... that's when i decided to use .NET. I believed SetFocus is only useful to give a control focus, and the library did not mention that it had a very useful another use...:)
But at least i'm slightly experienced in .NET now, too:D

the .SetFocus is there to give the textbox the focus so you can see what's selected, because when you create a textbox it has its HideSelection property set to true.
If when you create the textbox you set the HideSelection property to false, you don't need the .SetFocus line ;)
quote:
quote:
Quick note about VB: Visual Basic works entirely in Unicode internally.
:o... however with common expressions or using FSO it does not like opening unicode files. there is a ANSI->Unicode conversion function StrConv, and with it i could kick it to life, but the scrolling problem still remained.

Now i see that it was not VB6 that lacked ability, but me ;)
I'll try and make some filters to add some intelligence to the app.
Thanks for all the help!:D
FSO=FileSystemObject? I've never used that and don't know what's that ^o)
and yes, when you open a file, VB reads ansi strings, however it stores them as unicode strings.  That may be a big problem with some files if you open them with the open function. You can work arround that by using APIs.

btw, what has the scrolling thingy to do with ansi/unicode? I don't see any problem with scrolling.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-17-2004 01:25 PM
ShunterAlhena

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: MsgPlus Hotkey Checker - 1.1.3
quote:
btw, what has the scrolling thingy to do with ansi/unicode? I don't see any problem with scrolling.
Nothing;) Scrolling and encoding were my two main problems in VB6, and i barely could solve one, thats why i said the other one still remained and so i used .NET;)
05-17-2004 04:18 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: