What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Messenger PowerPlus

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Messenger PowerPlus
Author: Message:
koo9

– / Male / –
RE: Messenger PowerPlus
hi all

I think after all, powerplus is one of the ms partner, since powerplus alone with other addons are authorized to use the .net messenger service, (logon using the msn messenger passport). check it out here at this official taiwan messenger site.

http://messenger.msn.com.tw/Help/Authorized.aspx

05-17-2004 04:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
futballfag01

MSN 6.2 and MSN PowerPlus
1. MSN Messenger 6.2 officialy includes MSN PowerPlus in the KOREAN version. So what Microsoft was saying about the deluxe display pictures is true only in the Korean version. Now, you can only use your avatar or the classic display picture.

2. * Both parties (you and your contact) need "Messenger PowerPlus" to see the animated display pictures.
   - This is not true. If you registered for the service, your avatar stays on the MSN PowerPlus server. You need the program to VIEW the avatars.

3. * To use all the features (like the animated display pictures) in "Messenger PowerPlus" you need a registration number; The animated display picture system (or avatar-system as it is called by "Messenger PowerPlus") isn't free.
   - The registration number is the Social Security Numbers that all citizens of Korea Republic currently have. It is to ensure that when you pay for your services (i.e. avatars) you use your full legal name.

4.* "Messenger PowerPlus" concentrates almost only on his animated display pictures and stuff around it.
  -Several other features of MSN PowerPlus include:
   A. Sending messages to people who are offline. When you log-in, a pop-up windows displays all the messages you received while you were offline.
   B. A mini homepage, so that you can have a small website of your own.
   C. "Love Letter" service, which is like an on-line Personals-site, which you use your avatars to find a new friend on-line.

So far, the MSN PowerPlus is known mainly for its DP (avatar) service. It's pretty expensive! I have no idea if the program will be translated into English, or any other language. Avatars are very popular in Korea. Yahoo! Korea, Daum, Lycos Korea etc. all have an avatar service.

AND!! I doubt Patchou will get the Korean market. Many Koreans are hooked on it.
05-22-2004 05:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: