What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » translation in Swiss German

translation in Swiss German
Author: Message:
tmb

O.P. translation in Swiss German
I'm from switzerland and i think a msgplus in swiss german would be very nice.

HFT by tmb
06-26-2004 02:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
RE: translation in Swiss German
if you want it in Swiss German you can make it yourself :). You can find more at http://www.msgplus.net/help_tutorials.php?tut=newlang
06-26-2004 02:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
Afaik, there is hardly any difference between both German, at least in the written form. It would be great to know that I'm wrong, but Patchou stated no dialects would be allowed to Messenger Plus! :-/
06-26-2004 04:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user17033
Disabled Account

like keystorm said no dialects are added to the msgplus distribution but no one prevents you from using your own translation if you aren't happy with the german :)

can you give me an example what you wanna change - i can't imagine why you prefer a dialect more than high german.
personally i don't wanna see msgplus "speak" the dialect we use in our area :D

This post was edited on 06-26-2004 at 10:53 PM by user17033.
06-26-2004 10:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
Considering Hochdeutsch (high German? well... :huh:) is hardly spoken anywhere in Germany (my class did a trip to Berlin and people were surprised about us speaking better German than they did :S (we're Spaniards)), you have to think that maybe there are people who prefer their German dialect to Hochdeutsch. Same thing happened with Valencian: hardly any difference with Catalan, but still prefered by many people.
Understand that their dialect is mcuh like their own language. and a Swiss will prefer Schweitzerdeutsch as they're more used to it.

But I still wanna know if there's any regulated spelling difference. Afaik, as I said, the pronounciation is really different, but the spelling and grammar kept the same.
06-26-2004 11:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user17033
Disabled Account

lol, it's not that hard to speak better german than berliners do because they use its own dialect 99,999% percent/day - no matter to whom they speak.

i think all languages worldwide differ a little bit from area to area and we have our own dialect too, but we use it rarely and not if we talk to people who don't live here...

i already wrote in my last post, that i can understand if some people would love to see msgplus speak their dialect and nobody prevents tmb to build his own translation :)

regarding "high german", that's what babylon says:
[Image: highgerman.png]
* user17033 is innocent! (A) ;)

This post was edited on 06-27-2004 at 07:47 AM by user17033.
06-27-2004 07:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: