What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » M.P.3 Warning....

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
M.P.3 Warning....
Author: Message:
Morpheous416

O.P. M.P.3 Warning....
Ok, for a good time now, Patchou has given us the option to not install the advertising addition to Messenger Plus.  However, in installing the new version 3, there was no option, and by the time it was done, and logging on............guess what???  That's right.....a program was trying to get thru the firewall to connect to Lop.com.  A highly known, and very irritating ad/spyware site.

If you have no firewall, then upgrading to this version I would NOT recommend.  A hardware firewall will not warn you of the intrusion....(DSL/Cable modem).

If you install MP 3.0, I suggest you run your spyware/adware programs immediately.
05-24-2004 06:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
RE: M.P.3 Warning....
You DO have the option to install the sponsor program yes or no. You just haven't looked good enough appearently.

quote:
Originally posted by Morpheous416
If you install MP 3.0, I suggest you run your spyware/adware programs immediately.
I highly disagree with that, it will only make things harder to get rid of. If you want to get rid of the sponsorprogram please follow the steps in this thread.

Thank you
05-24-2004 06:17 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
The MsgPlus!3 sponsor option is exactly the same as the one in MP!2... :rolleyes:

[Image: mp3_sponsoroption.png]

You must have seen it if you ran the installer...
05-24-2004 06:25 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Furthermore, it's been designed to just sit there until you interact with it, meaning until you choose one of the choices. If you don't choose an option, the installer will just sit there, doing nothing, patiently waiting for your input.
05-24-2004 07:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

it always has an option on it, it always have and always will.

always read everything, it might say somewhere somit about spyware on a program, and your click happy, or p2p networking or sumit.... and they leek your system :p
05-24-2004 07:11 PM
stonesour

35 / Male / –
Also theres an option to run it with a command-line to do a silent install without installing the sponsor...
05-24-2004 07:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
FineWolf

Space Artist

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: M.P.3 Warning....
quote:
Originally posted by stonesour
Also theres an option to run it with a command-line to do a silent install without installing the sponsor...

The switch you are talking about is /silentinstallnosponsor.

If you saved the setup under your root drive, you would need to go in Start -> Run and type in this (with quotes):
"C:\MsgPlus-300.exe" /silentinstallnosponsor

This will automaticly install Messenger Plus! 3 in the default directory without the sponsor.

Patchou. If there anymore command line switches for the installer? The only 2 I know are /silentinstall & /silentinstallnosponsor.
[Image: spacesigkj4.png]
05-24-2004 07:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
phantom76

47 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Morpheous416
Ok, for a good time now, Patchou has given us the option to not install the advertising addition to Messenger Plus.  However, in installing the new version 3, there was no option, and by the time it was done, and logging on............guess what???  That's right.....a program was trying to get thru the firewall to connect to Lop.com.  A highly known, and very irritating ad/spyware site.

If you have no firewall, then upgrading to this version I would NOT recommend.  A hardware firewall will not warn you of the intrusion....(DSL/Cable modem).

Have problems reading do you? Or do you just sit there and click next to everything you see and complain later cause you didn't take the time to read? It's the same as it always has been
05-24-2004 08:16 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
Morpheous416: Just be careful next time you install software (not only plus) and read the screens ;) The rest has already been said.
quote:
Originally posted by FineWolf
Patchou. If there anymore command line switches for the installer? The only 2 I know are /silentinstall & /silentinstallnosponsor
/NoAdmin , if i'm right. it installs plus as if the account was a limited account. but this is offtopic here. make a new thread if you need further help
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-24-2004 08:21 PM
Morpheous416

O.P. RE: M.P.3 Warning....
quote:
Have problems reading do you? Or do you just sit there and click next to everything you see and complain later cause you didn't take the time to read?

Yet another internet P.I.T.A.

After installing the program on a second computer, I realised when my wife installed it, she went right past the option...I removed the sponsor program.

How many times do people post minor mistakes someone has made, and instead of using intelligent feedback, which I am sure most of you are far capable of, you post flaming responses?  *-)

Thanks Choli, for at least being one of them that see things as they really are.....and btw, you sound familiar....post on any other forums under this name?  Like Guru3D?  or Neowin?
05-24-2004 10:26 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: