What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » encrypting old chat logs

encrypting old chat logs
Author: Message:
atsuk

– / Male / –
O.P. Undecided  encrypting old chat logs
hey,
i have problems with encrypting my old chat logs. however, when i frist installed plus! i managed to encrypt old chat logs. but now, when i want to encrypt my unencrypted chat logs in the other computer, i can't do it:^) maybe there is problem with my plus! settings that i have changed, because first, when i managed to encrypt(long time ago, and with one of the first wersions of plus!, now i use puls! 3(Y)), i used different preferences. now i changed default language to estonian, and chat logging system also(old default: Create directory for each month for every file) with: Create a different directory for each file. maybe this is why Plus! can't recognise my old log files, that should be encrypted when i put password to my chat logs.

tnx for any help
05-25-2004 10:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: encrypting old chat logs
quote:
Originally posted by atsuk
chat logging system also(old default: Create directory for each month for every file) with: Create a different directory for each file. maybe this is why Plus! can't recognise my old log files, that should be encrypted when i put password to my chat logs.

Have u tried if it works when u put those back to the old default? U can always put defaults back to ur new one after encrypting ;)
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-25-2004 10:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
atsuk

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: encrypting old chat logs
*-) it is a little complicated u know...
firstly in different languages month names are different, so i would have to do a lot of work, to change all file's and folder's names to english...
secondly i mentioned that my files are sorted differently than default. i.e. by default user@hotmail.com's chat logs are held in folder may 2004 with filename user@hotmail.com.ple/txt. but with setting: create different folder for each file, it saves chat logs like this: folder user@hotmail.com/may 2004.ple/txt. so i'd had to do really a lot of work with it.
even though i have tested changeing my settings with default ones with one user, it didn't work:S

if noone can't tell me what should i do differently then maybe Patchou could add one feature to the next version of messenger plus!3, that would allow to encrypt selected txt files to ple(i), i think that could be useful!

tnx for reply:)

This post was edited on 05-25-2004 at 10:57 AM by atsuk.
05-25-2004 10:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: