What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Yahoo! Messenger 6

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Yahoo! Messenger 6
Author: Message:
brianjdupuis

40 / Male / –
O.P. Yahoo! Messenger 6
Well I just finished downloading Yahoo! Messenger and WOW i'm really shocked with this version and I give it a 8/10. I'll just run through some of the features that it offers. The one thing I noticed about this new version of Yahoo! Messenger is that there are a lot of features that Plus have that are in this software. Example of this is Auto-Accept, you can almost do the same thing's in Yahoo that you can do in Plus!

FEATURES:

1. LAUNCHcast Radio - Listen to LAUNCHcast Radio. Make your own radio station and listen to the music you like! Your online status message shows people what you're listening to. ( I LOVE HOW IT CHANGES YOU'RE STATUS! & THE DISPLAY PICTURE MOVES!! lol)

2. Challenge your friends to classic Yahoo! Games without leaving your message window. Games include Word Racer, Checkers, Chess, Dominoes and more. See your friends' high scores for selected one-player games.

GAMES:

A. Pearl Hunter - Plunge into the deep sea and find the precious pearls.

B. Dominoes - Five-up fun for the whole family.

C. Checkers

D. Word Racer - Word Racer Connect the letters and score

3. Create a stylized graphical image with clothes and accessories to represent yourself. You see Avatars in your Messenger List, and when you and your friends exchange instant messages.

4. Select an image to represent yourself to your friends. Use your photo, or something even more creative.

5. Send people these talking animated characters to say hello, goodbye, flirt or taunt your opponent during a game

6. Yahoo! Messenger comes with new visual designs. Choose Yahoo! Purple, Cool Blue or the standard Windows look and feel.

7. Express your feelings in a conversation using these little animated smiley faces

8. Customize your IM window with interactive themed backgrounds.

9. Make yourself appear online to some and offline to others on your Messenger list. You can permanently ignore people who send you spam or annoying messages through IM.

10. Synchronize your contact information - IM, phone numbers, and email addresses - with integrated Yahoo! Address Book.

11. Search directly from an instant message window. Type s: [search term] to display Yahoo! Search results in a conversation. (HEHE PLUS DOES THAT! ;) )

12. The of course be able to talk through Camera, Mic, and exchange messages with more then one person and file transfer!

The Only thing it's missing is Plus!! LOL :)

Download at Yahoo! Messenger 6

.jpg File Attachment: Yahoo&Msn.JPG (56.34 KB)
This file has been downloaded 205 time(s).

This post was edited on 05-25-2004 at 06:14 PM by brianjdupuis.
05-25-2004 05:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
sparkymcg

– / Male / –
RE: Yahoo! Messenger 6
im just wondering about the LAUNCHcast radio do u need to have yahoo messenger to use this???
05-25-2004 06:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
yes i am almost certian you do :)
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
05-25-2004 06:38 PM
brianjdupuis

40 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Yahoo! Messenger 6
Just to answer you're question Sparkymcg, when you install yahoo! messenger it's already installed with the whole package and the nice part about it is that its not a separte peice of software its all bundled in the Messenging Software!(All In one application)

This post was edited on 05-25-2004 at 09:06 PM by brianjdupuis.
05-25-2004 09:04 PM
Triple8

43 / Male / –
RE: RE: Yahoo! Messenger 6
quote:
Originally posted by sparkymcg
im just wondering about the LAUNCHcast radio do u need to have yahoo messenger to use this???

U can also go to www.launchcast.com to listen
05-27-2004 07:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pipish

not really active anymore.

31 / Male / Flag
i have never been a fan of yahoo messenger i tried to registerd but i got errors and it didnt work
[Image: fcliverpoolfan2xo.gif]
[Image: roosters4yg.jpg]
05-28-2004 08:20 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by pipish
i have never been a fan of yahoo messenger i tried to registerd but i got errors and it didnt work

After installing yahoomessenger u need to get an ID (is shown in messenger when u use it the first time) and reply to the e-mail they send u. Also note for zipcode u need to fill in 5 digits, not letters. Where i live the zipcode contains 4 digits and two letters so that didnt work, i got around it by simply typing 12345 where the zipcode needs to be filled in ;)

If u already have a YahooID it will install without any probs an u can log in as normal.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-28-2004 08:26 AM
Pipish

not really active anymore.

31 / Male / Flag
in the installation bit i click next the i wait an then it says not responding ar its realy anoying

yeh ?

.jpg File Attachment: yahoo.JPG (98.38 KB)
This file has been downloaded 172 time(s).

This post was edited on 05-28-2004 at 10:04 AM by Pipish.
[Image: fcliverpoolfan2xo.gif]
[Image: roosters4yg.jpg]
05-28-2004 09:25 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by pipish
in the installation bit i click next the i wait an then it says not responding ar its realy anoying

yeh ?

That's really odd pipish. Try the following..when downloading choose safe so the dl will be stored on ur computer (safe it somewhere where u can find it back easily) then install it by doubleclicking the downloaded file ;)
Let me know if that worked :D

This post was edited on 06-01-2004 at 11:22 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
06-01-2004 11:21 AM
Garndell

Welcome to Elvie's World!!!

40 / Male / –
I was using the Beta.  Guess I can upgrade now :P
[Image: c2-garndell.jpg]
06-02-2004 11:22 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »