What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » POP3 email count is incorrect

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
POP3 email count is incorrect
Author: Message:
Nick2588

– / Male / –
O.P. POP3 email count is incorrect
Plus! is saying I have 2 new messages when I don't have any. Obviously I am running the latest version of Plus!, 3.00.92, and MSN Messenger, 6.2.0133.

When I connect to the server myself using telnet, the server confirms there are no new messages.
code:
+OK Qpopper (version 4.0.5) starting.
user nick2588
+OK Password required for nick2588.
pass <password>
+OK nick2588 has 0 visible messages (0 hidden) in 0 octets.
stat
+OK 0 0

When I recieved an email, the count goes to 3 and an alert is displayed saying I have one new message (correct). After I download the message with my mail client, the number goes back down to 2.

My question is, where did this 2 come from? Does Plus! store some values relating to POP3 in the registry and these are not being cleared?

This post was edited on 05-26-2004 at 12:24 AM by Nick2588.
05-26-2004 12:05 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Derick11

Signed out.

36 / Male / –
RE: POP3 email count is incorrect
I dont beileve so.. What is your current OS? This would be helpfull.
Visit my forum:          <Help Bring The Forum Back!> http://s7.invisionfree.com/HTML_Hello_World/index.php?act=idx . Sign up and help users with HTML. Or just ask questions and get help.
----
Click Here!!!!!
05-26-2004 01:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Choli from [url
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=25834&pid=248829]The[/url] problem comes from the POP3 server. When Plus asks it for the number of unread emails it answers the total number of emails in your inbox folder. You (nor Patchou) can't do anything to solve this, however you can make new folders for read messages. They won't be counted.

The search button works great ;)

This post was edited on 05-26-2004 at 01:11 AM by ddunk.
05-26-2004 01:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
Ddunk, I don't think that quote is really relevant, because as the POP3 sesssion log above shows, the server IS returning zero. :-/

Nick2588, do you have any other e-mail accounts that those 2 messages might be coming from? As far as I know, the message total at the top of the contact list includes the account that you use for Messener (if it's Hotmail/Passport).
05-26-2004 03:10 AM
Nick2588

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: POP3 email count is incorrect
quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
The search button works great ;)
Sadly your eyes do not.

This behavior has changed since Plus! 2.54 because I used to look in the Messenger contact list for my real email, and right click on the Messenger tray icon to check my hotmail acccount. Please restore the behavior so that Hotmail messages are not included in the total if POP3 accounts are active.

If I uncheck the box to Enable POP3 accounts, the counter show "No new messages", but if the box is checked, it shows "2 new messages". The counter is running backwards. Of course this is the counter only, if I uncheck the box I do not receive alerts for new POP3 mail and the counter links to my Hotmail inbox.
05-26-2004 09:54 PM
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
It's better to make this optional because I do like that it shows my total of mails. I have my 2 POP3 e-mailaccounts and 1 Hotmail account in my Outlook and when I press the button it opens my Outlook and shows those 3 accounts and all my mails :D

And welcome to the Forums!
[Image: 1-0.png]

05-26-2004 11:30 PM
Nick2588

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: POP3 email count is incorrect
Thanks... Woo, forums :p

Hmm, optional sounds good. I don't like it because I don't care about my Hotmail account, it was previously a spam trap out-of-sight, out-of-mind... now it is a spam trap rearing it's ugly head. It didn't use to do this so it was mainly unexpected to me.

Either way, this is still bugged. When the POP3 box is unchecked, it should say 2; it should never say "No new messages" when POP3 is unchecked and there are messages in the Hotmail inbox.

This post was edited on 05-27-2004 at 09:23 PM by Nick2588.
05-27-2004 02:08 AM
Nvidiot

I have a problem which is almost exactly like this.
I have 1 pop account setup and in the registry I disabled adding hotmail emails to the pop email count. However, it now sometimes switches from the correct number of emails in my pop account to the number of messages in my hotmail account... When I reset the servername or username or so in the pop options, it will be right again, but as soon as I get a new email in hotmail, it reverts to showing hotmail email count.

Plus version: 3.00.92
MSN: 6.1.0211
05-27-2004 12:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Nick2588
This behavior has changed since Plus! 2.54.....
Please restore the behavior.....
optional sounds good.....
It is optional....
There is a registry key for this...

Use Choli's Plus Tweaker to find POPAddHotmail and set/unset this option...
True = hotmail mails are added
False = Hotmail mails are not added

quote:
Originally posted by Nvidiot
I have a problem which is almost exactly like this.
I have 1 pop account setup and in the registry I disabled adding hotmail emails to the pop email count. However, it now sometimes switches from the correct number of emails in my pop account to the number of messages in my hotmail account... When I reset the servername or username or so in the pop options, it will be right again, but as soon as I get a new email in hotmail, it reverts to showing hotmail email count.
If this is the case like you described it, then that is a bug indeed. I can't confirm it, since I don't have a hotmail to check it...

This post was edited on 05-27-2004 at 03:13 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-27-2004 03:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Islander

48 / Male / Flag
Let me use this thread instead of a new one (perhaps it helps saving nature?).

I just came back to the computer afternight, I use to leave it on, as well as MSN (just set "Offline"). I double clicked on the MSN icon and one second after that I got the Plus! popup that I got 3 new EMails. The text inside MSN though kept saying "No new emails" until I minimized MSN and maximised again. Soooo.... there still seems to be some trouble with that.

MSN 6.2.0133
Plus! 3.01.94
I've got one mail account configured, non-hotmail.
06-06-2004 06:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: