What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Few Bugs i have Stumbled on

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Few Bugs i have Stumbled on
Author: Message:
CaSpA

37 / Male / –
O.P. Few Bugs i have Stumbled on
Alright I guess I should start with my setup
Windows 98SE
MSN Messenger - Windows-X Edition(MSN.6.1.0211-Windows_X)-Either Standard Skin or the Slightly Enhanced 1
IE6
above the Patches in the Windows-X edition, also Encludes the Games Patch(latest Version)
And MP!3 3.00.92

First 1 I'd like 2 Mention is a Bug in the Event Log, as far as I can tell this isn't at my fault. Earlyer on 2night I had a Friend Log on, witch is reported in the Log, along with a namechange(matching login time), Locked my Messenger, returned later, she was no longer online, but her logging off was not reported in the Log.

Next has somthing 2 do with the Line where it tells u if you have new Emails, the Message has become Garbled, basicly Random Charcators, an sometimes just an o or 0 is on the line.

Also I think this is the last 1, MSN seems 2 like 2 Crash when I log a Second MSN in using the PolygamyPatch, or even the Jrnzloader witch I somtimes use.

Next 1 I'm not positive about but I'll write it down anyway. It envolves the Lock messenger Function(i Really dig that), but I use event log encrytion an such, I logged in an did the password, later locked it, then when I returned I had messages, tho my PC crashed so i never got 2 read them, but when I went 2 read my logs, there was no new entries in any of my logs? witch seemed very Odd. not a Big deal but hope ya catch this bugger

Also this envolves Chat Log Encryption, but mostly with the Loge Events.txt, seems like mine always gets currupted, same with some chat logs, somtimes garbled text also shows in the log files. tho currupted logs has happened even with MP!2 in the past, I'm thinking it may have somthing 2 do with file sizes cuz event logs can get big, maybe Change the Format of output of log files from TXT 2 Doc? or set Log size file limits, and give the user the option 2 start taking lines off the top as the log gets big, or 2 rename and dump 2 a new log, say old now becomes User@hotmail.com.Dump1.txt/User@hotmail.com.Dump1.ple

also While typing the Email line Bug, my MSN also Crashed, witch seems 2 be happening allot since I started 2 use MP!3, I havn't altered the MSN after the MP!3 installation an this just started happening, hope u find these bugz an get this all sorted

Just wanted 2 Add a Screenshot of the Garbled Text on the 'new email' line

.bmp File Attachment: Garbled Text.bmp (10.65 KB)
This file has been downloaded 179 time(s).

This post was edited on 05-27-2004 at 06:49 AM by CaSpA.
05-27-2004 04:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Few Bugs i have Stumbled on
Upgrade to MSN Messenger 6.2 since plus!3 is made for that.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-27-2004 09:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CaSpA

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Few Bugs i have Stumbled on
I would, but I'm using Plugins for MP! that aren't yet compatible with 6.2, and I don't think that MP!3 should just not work for 6.1
05-27-2004 09:21 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Plugins must be compatible to the version of plus ur using....maybe ur plugins are causing all this trouble.

The plugin writers are working hard to upgrade their plugins for asfar they arent  compatible yet.

If Plus!3 doesn't work correctly on messenger 6.1 it isn't Patchou's fault it's all because MSN changed a few things in messenger that changed the way plus hooks up to it (and ofcourse plus needs to be written to work with the latest version of messenger even if it means possible incompatibillity with previous versions due to changes MSN made to their program)

This post was edited on 05-27-2004 at 09:44 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-27-2004 09:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CaSpA

37 / Male / –
ya I kinda see where ya gettin at, The plugin is Functional with this Plus, seems 2 be it's purpose(allows anysize CE/DP, and more then 5 DPs per Message), only reason why I think it shouldn't have problems with 6.1 is cuz Plus2 ran on it, so I'm jus hopin that support wasn't removed just cuz a new version comes out, I'm just really hoping an updated version of this plug comes out, I just love custom size DPs thats all. but I'll remove the Plug Temporarly after I'm done this post, run it for a few days, see if things continue, and then report back
05-27-2004 11:26 AM
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CaSpA
Next has somthing 2 do with the Line where it tells u if you have new Emails, the Message has become Garbled, basicly Random Charcators, an sometimes just an o or 0 is on the line.

reported...can be removed by entering a email address in the pop3 options, allthough its still not removed on mine, but works on others.

quote:
Originally posted by CaSpA
Also I think this is the last 1, MSN seems 2 like 2 Crash when I log a Second MSN in using the PolygamyPatch, or even the Jrnzloader witch I somtimes use.

mine doesnt crash, but takes a couple of seconds to show the main window
05-27-2004 11:31 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CaSpA

37 / Male / –
Solved the Crashing on Double MSN, you could kinda say it's a MP!3 bug(maybe Feature?), but I'll go into details. k first off I did my MP! settings on 1 account, then I backed up my settings and then loaded them into a second account of mine(had 2 re-enter Passwords for Encrytion, and all other Security things), now 2 MSNS with EXACT same settings. it Ran smooth on MP!2, so I figured nothing was wrong, but after MP!3 they would not log in at the same time, tried other emails, had no probs, so i knew it was a Conflict between the 2. I just realized that they were Both Encryting logs into the same files(I have some matching Contacts), also Eventlog.txt was matching, so both were fighting 2 dump into the same log files, guess it caused Conflict, anyway, second MSN would always bail out right after u enter the encrytion password after u log in. But if I didn't enter a Password, it would stay stable(no password, means no logs), so it don't access the Logs cuz of that. they also have matching Log Passwords so i'm not sure if it's freaking cuz 2 instances r working with the logs or cuz of the passwords(thinking not since they match), but I changed the log directory on everything and now it's totally functional

also removed the 1 Plugin(the Custom size CE/DP1) and I still get errors with garbled Text on the email line, witch som1 above said can be solved with adding somthing 2 the POP3, witch I'mma give a Shot now an see if that helps me out

Ok Punched in an Account for the POP3 bit, I know it has 9 new Emails innit, been sittin here an it hasn't notified me? maybe only when I get a new 1? anyway Garbled Text Remains, and when I click on it, it wants 2 open my Email client, is their a way 2 have it ask witch email 2 go 2 when I click? like have it say Passport Email, Pop3 account 1, ect

Ok just sent myself an email 2 my POP3, awaiting any notifications... Got 1, Text Remains Garbled.

I'm now Gonna Upgrade MSN 2 MSN.6.2.0133-Windows_X, with the latest games patch, see what my results r

Ok editing again, now running the above version of msn, with latest version of games patch. Email line remains garbled, other problems I've had I cannot successfully recreate them as they happened while the messenger was locked an left alone for periods of time.

also should note that Garbled Text doesn't always occur, also happens mostly on my 1 email, tho 3 of my alts have not had it, and 1 other has seen it once, but my primary account seems 2 have it very often

This post was edited on 05-27-2004 at 12:19 PM by CaSpA.
05-27-2004 11:51 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
* Events aren't logged when the log-window is closed. And you can select the option in the preferences if you like to save everything to a logfile. see "preferences > logging > event logging"
* Contact activities, such as status changes, are by default not logged into the conversationlogs, this can be set in "preferences > logging > chat logging > record contact activities"
* Logs can be dumped automaticly per month or per user, see "preferences > logging > archiving"
* The "garbled email"-bug is known and is being fixed for next version...
* Email notifications are only shown when there is new email. But this can be altered to show up every time (at the given interval in the preferences) by setting some key in the registry. Use Choli's Plus Tweaker and set "AlwaysNotifyPopEmail" to "True".
* De link under your name in the contactlist will only open your default mailprogram, this can not be changed...

This post was edited on 05-27-2004 at 03:32 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-27-2004 03:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CaSpA

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Few Bugs i have Stumbled on
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
* Events aren't logged when the log-window is closed. And you can select the option in the preferences if you like to save everything to a logfile. see "preferences > logging > event logging"
* Contact activities, such as status changes, are by default not logged into the conversationlogs, this can be set in "preferences > logging > chat logging > record contact activities"
* Logs can be dumped automaticly per month or per user, see "preferences > logging > archiving"
* The "garbled email"-bug is known and is being fixed for next version...
* Email notifications are only shown when there is new email. But this can be altered to show up every time (at the given interval in the preferences) by setting some key in the registry. Use Choli's Plus Tweaker and set "AlwaysNotifyPopEmail" to "True".
* De link under your name in the contactlist will only open your default mailprogram, this can not be changed...

I have the Events Logged into the EventLog.txt, and things just not showing up hasn't happened until I used MP!3, and it's only happened due 2 the messenger being locked. also I have EVERYTHING logged, from user stat chnages, what go's on in chat, and just any MSN events(besides new Email notification). an It's nice to hear the Garbled Text bug is fixed in the next version(herd it'll be out this weekend or somthin)
05-27-2004 04:12 PM
CaSpA

37 / Male / –
hmmm I seem 2 be running into allot of unstable issues, tho I may have 2 blame some on my computer, cuz stuff is really startin 2 go out the window(s) on this machine lol

just got this crash error from 1 of the MP!3 dlls all the numbers mean nothing 2 me though

MSNMSGR caused an invalid page fault in
module MSGPLUSH.DLL at 0167:100c91b1.
Registers:
EAX=01480078 CS=0167 EIP=100c91b1 EFLGS=00010202
EBX=656e2031 SS=016f ESP=00a2e804 EBP=00a2e820
ECX=656e2031 DS=016f ESI=01597bfc FS=29af
EDX=00000001 ES=016f EDI=00000000 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
89 71 08 8b 4e 04 3b 4e 08 75 60 8a 4c 02 04 88
Stack dump:
101099c8 01597c00 01597c00 014801bc 00000001 00000031 00000020 00a2e858 100c39f9 0158000c 01597c1c 01597c00 01590720 101099c8 0158000c 00a2e830
05-28-2004 03:13 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: