What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » [split] A better version

[split] A better version
Author: Message:
lhunath

.{ Lord Daisy }.

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: A better version
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
BTW: Edit your last post if you want to add something. Do not double post, this is not allowed!
If you edit your previous post, will the thread go back up in the forums list ? I don't think so, so if you post something, and after some days you've got some new info about it you wish to share, and nobody has replied to your previous post, people will never notice since your post has sunken away too deep =P
{ -[Image: lhunath.gif]- }
05-27-2004 02:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: A better version
quote:
Originally posted by lhunath
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
BTW: Edit your last post if you want to add something. Do not double post, this is not allowed!
If you edit your previous post, will the thread go back up in the forums list ? I don't think so, so if you post something, and after some days you've got some new info about it you wish to share, and nobody has replied to your previous post, people will never notice since your post has sunken away too deep =P
It is not allowed because it is considered spam, rude and can be use to bump threads and let them stay "on top" forever... If people were interested in the thread, they will check again from time to time. So, bumping threads isn't allowed either (especially not after only a few days)!
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-27-2004 03:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
Spam: Any post that is off-topic or contributes nothing useful or interesting to a discussion is considered to be spam. Most spam posts will be moved or deleted. Spam includes posts that:
[*]only contain emoticons.
[*]only contain a short message, such as "LOL" or "hello."
[*]are posted more than once.

I see a split here?
05-27-2004 03:57 PM
felixen

Man, that is so lame. Such a nice welcome you give me, CookieRevised. You say that if people are interested in the topic they will try find it again. Then what if they wan't online when the topic was new and in the top of the forums? Should they look through the last pages to see if there was anything like my topic? This is mu fourth post and it might be the last. Cause this is just way too stupid. Thanks to the ones who are on my side ;)

This post was edited on 05-27-2004 at 04:54 PM by felixen.
05-27-2004 04:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Well, I'm sorry, but that is just the way it is. If everybody bumps threads, then there is no point in bumping the thread because it wont be on the top anyways because other bumped threads will be on top.

Furthermore, this rule implies to 90% of all the forums on the internet, so it isn't something "we" invented.

Bumping threads/double posting is considered spam in most cases... These are the rules, I'm sorry if you don't agree with them. But if you want to visit this forum, you must try to stick to these rules...

btw: another rule is not to go off-topic in a thread.. Because we all did this (we are discussing a subject which isn't the threads subject) this thread will be splitted. You'll see... and that's also not a dumb rule, it's to keep threads clean and on topic and to not make the forum one big mess ;)

This post was edited on 05-27-2004 at 05:19 PM by CookieRevised.
05-27-2004 05:16 PM
felixen

On many forum people are allowed to bump a topic if there is a reason for it. If people can't bump a topic on page 3, should they make a new topic about the exact same thing? In my eyes that would be spamming more than this is
05-27-2004 05:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [split] A better version
You said so yourself, IF there is a good reason, and in my experience, there is very rarly a good reason... and bumping a thread that is only a few hours old or a day is never a good reason, if you wish to bump a thread then at least wait a couple of days, and only when your new info is very very important and vital, and only then, you may bump it without being told that doubleposting isn't allowed...

blah... even if the rule was that you couldn't bump at all, never, or you be banned, then we still must follow that rule or leave the forum...

This post was edited on 05-27-2004 at 05:34 PM by CookieRevised.
05-27-2004 05:32 PM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
When I wish to add things in a thread and my post is the last one made, I just post the information in that latest post again, with my added information, and delete the previous post after I posted it.

It prevents double posting and does indicate a new post :)
05-27-2004 05:59 PM
lhunath

.{ Lord Daisy }.

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [split] A better version
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
When I wish to add things in a thread and my post is the last one made, I just post the information in that latest post again, with my added information, and delete the previous post after I posted it.

It prevents double posting and does indicate a new post :)
Clever thinking ;) that's nice, and still smoothly following the rules
Oh and by the way, sorry for going off topic ;)
{ -[Image: lhunath.gif]- }
05-27-2004 06:27 PM
fluffy_lobster
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
if you have a genuine reason to bump a thread, like you're expecting an important reply, then there's no reason why not to.

don't be so quick to jump on people with a question :) there's nothing like answering nicely, and nearly nothing like being nice one someone points out you weren't nice in the first place
05-27-2004 06:27 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: