What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » upgrading

upgrading
Author: Message:
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. upgrading
When u upgrade from 2 to 3, plus! deletes the old MsgPlus.exe but doesnt delete the registry key from the startup list, so when u load up ur pc u get an error message saying that it cant find the file

this happened with me, and was wondering if anyone ese got the problem (ive fixed it, but just telling patch)
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
05-27-2004 08:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: upgrading
You really got a problem after upgrading? can anyone else post about it?
[Image: signature2.gif]
05-28-2004 01:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
The Plus! 3 installer delete my Plus! 2 exe, but nothing else, EVERYTHING...all the resource files and stuff are still there for Plus! 2 :P
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
05-28-2004 01:14 AM
CaSpA

37 / Male / –
I get a Modf error all the time now since my upgrade, didn't think it had anything 2 do with MP! upgrade, i dunno, still not sure, but it's an error from actulice or somthing i get

Edit: just looked and MsgPlusH.dll and MsgPlusH1.dll are still in the MP!2 folder, along with my plugins, also another thing, how come the registry settings are still under 'MsgPlus2' have u thawt of during the installation, look if MP!2 is installed, an if so it would rename 'MsgPlus2' in the registry 2 'MsgPlus3'?

This post was edited on 05-28-2004 at 02:39 AM by CaSpA.
05-28-2004 02:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
The key in the registry stays MsgPlus2 for backward compatibility reasons. As for the problems you'Re experiencing, they may be related to security attributes. MsgPlus 3.01 fixes this problem and will be out in a few days.
[Image: signature2.gif]
05-28-2004 04:39 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
My Plus!2 folder also got left after upgrading cuz plus refered to a few files that were still in use by plugins (altho they were copied to plus!3 folder during install).

I solved it as following: Whilst keeping messenger (and plus ofcourse) running i tried deleting plus!2 folder an everytime i got message of a file that couldnt be removed i wrote it down an registered the one with the same name in plus!3 folder (start, run > type in: RegSvr32 "c:\program files\messenger plus! 3\plugins\<name of dll>" ) after that closed messenger, logged in again and tried to delete plus!2 folder again until that folder could be completely removed withouth warnings of files still beeing in use.

This post was edited on 05-28-2004 at 08:08 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-28-2004 08:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CaSpA

37 / Male / –
just adding an error screen I've been getting allot latly, on startup, and just out of nowhere, it started around my upgrade 2 MP!3, but it's likly not related, if any1 has seen this error before lemmie know

.bmp File Attachment: actulice-modF Error.bmp (30.52 KB)
This file has been downloaded 146 time(s).
05-28-2004 11:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: