What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Wish: Contact List Clean-up+

Wish: Contact List Clean-up+
Author: Message:
StainlessSteelRat

O.P. Wish: Contact List Clean-up+
Hi folks,

Thanks to patchou for releasing v3. Excellent as always.

I have a really obvious wish (for me at least) for contact list clean-up.

Would it be possible to have an "add to contact-list" button as well?

I have a lot of contacts that are able to contact me, but I've deleted from my contact list. It's a real pain using MSN to add them back (involves selecting one, right-clicking, choosing "Add to contacts", repeat ad nauseum).

It would be great in Contact List Clean-up to do a select All, then choose "Add to contact list" or something to this effect.

This would take all the grind out of this lacking feature in MSN.

TIA ;-)
05-28-2004 12:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Wish: Contact List Clean-up+
Although the idea on itself is nice... there is one big "problem"... the Contactlist-Cleanup in Messenger Plus! list all your... well... people on your contactlist :D....

People who aren't on your contactlist aren't listed there, so you couldn't select them in the first place ;)

What you want is a way to see the "Reverse"-list. This list contains all the people that have added you to their contactlist, including the ones you don't have on your contactlist...

Currently this isn't possible in Messenger Plus! and it is btw not so easy to do either, because:
A) The "Reverse"-list is only saved in a cache the first time you log on. This means that it isn't possible to know for sure that the list is correct...
B) The other way of retrieving the list is to use the protocol, but Patchou doesn't want to tamper with the protocol for various reasons...

But maybe there is, for your situation, a kind of a solution. You can use a program named "List Cleaner". Now, there are more listcleaners out there, but this one shows the different lists that are maintainted by Messenger: Contactlist, allowlist and reverselist. It doesn't allow you to copy the list or add the removed contacts again, but you easly see the list though. (Those programs are meant for clearing your list)....

Have have yet to see the ultimate ListCleaner where you can add contacts back, copy lists, (un)block contacts, etc... All the individual listcleaners do only part of that. But you can give some a try though, for more info see CookieRevised's reply to Contact List Manager

;)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-29-2004 04:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
sasquatch

Odi et amo.

36 / Male / –
i believe stuff plug has a command to allow u to add all ppl ur in a convo in
Dare to dream.
08-01-2004 06:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
I'd suggest to use aMSN to do that. Install it and sign in. Then go to the preferences and in the contact tab (or how it's called, i don't remember). There you'll see the list of your contacts, the list of allowed people, the list of blocked people and the list of people who have you in their lists (ie: the reverse-list) (so you can see there the 4 lists messenger uses). The good thing of aMSN is that you can select a contact from one of the list and there are some buttons to copy/move the contact to another list.

You have to select the contacts of the reverse-list whose background color is green (if i remember well). They're those who can talk with you but they aren't in your list. Then click the button to add then to the contact list (direct-list).
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
08-01-2004 05:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: