What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » OMG! HELP!

OMG! HELP!
Author: Message:
msn_fan

I Like Kitty Kats.

32 / Female / –
O.P. OMG! HELP!
Hello

I really really need help. You see...i downloaded msnplus and  love it but one problem...i got a spyware cuz of it! its like a blue toolbar and i think its a lop toolbar but its annoying and i cant seem to get rid of it. I downloaded a Spy Sweeper but it didn't take it out. And i even tried deleted msnplus but the toolbar didn't go away. So is there any way i can delete this toolbar? and i kno dat its cuz of Msn Plus cuz last year i downloaded msn plus and da same toolbar came but with a different name and i had to reboot my PC to get it out. So please help me.

How do i get rid of this blue lop toolbar?
05-28-2004 07:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: OMG! HELP!
Dear msn_fan,

You seem to have installed the sponsor program by mistake: you selected "I ACCEPT, install the sponsor" in the installation program - most likely accidentally, without reading correctly. You can uninstall it easily by reading and following the instructions as given in http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598. If you follow those instructions exactly as given, you will have no more ads left.
Remember that you should close as much open programs as possible, and you have to close all open browser windows in order for this to work.

The sponsor program has been added to let Patchou (the creator of the program) continue to work at Messenger Plus! daily; he has no full time job, but spends almost all his time programming Messenger Plus!. He thought this was the best way to keep the program freeware and still make a living.

The sponsor program is a package from LOP.com - and although many people know LOP.com as an agressive 'spyware' company, the package that comes bundled with Messenger Plus! is nothing like that. Basically, the main things it does is showing some ads from time to time and adding a search bar in Internet Explorer.

After uninstalling, please install Messenger Plus! again without the sponsor program; you will then be able to use the wonderful new functions Plus! has to offer you, without the annoyances from the sponsor program you are talking about :)
05-28-2004 07:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
msn_fan

I Like Kitty Kats.

32 / Female / –
O.P. RE: OMG! HELP!
thanx a lot Tochjo! i was bout to reboot my computer again:P but thanx to you...i dont hav to:)
05-28-2004 08:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
chemidoonam

I have the same problem. But I don't relly understand the uninstall instruction. It only says I have to uninstall MSN Plus and a window will appear, where I have to type a code.
But it doesn't! Nothing happened after I uninstalled msn plus!

please help!
05-29-2004 12:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
If nothing happened after you clicked on Messenger Plus! and it started the uninstall process and a box didn't appear, then you most likely did not install the sponser program wene you first installed messenger ;-) :D
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
05-29-2004 12:27 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Leif

81 / Male / –
RE: RE: OMG! HELP!
quote:
Originally posted by chemidoonam
I have the same problem. But I don't relly understand the uninstall instruction. It only says I have to uninstall MSN Plus and a window will appear, where I have to type a code.

Same thing happened to me. Reinstall Plus! Accept the sponsor program. Close all instances of Internet Explorer. Uninstall Plus! Uninstall the sponsor program (for me it appeared this second time). Et voilā!
If this does not help, there is plenty of expertise here ready to help you out. A search will most certainly be helpful!
05-29-2004 12:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by chemidoonam

please help!
Make sure you close all your internet explorer windows and search the window where you have to type the code in your desktop. It's there (you can use Alt + Tab to change between windows).

If not, maybe the sponsor uninstall is corrupted. Try to install Plus WITH the sponsor, and then uninstall it ;) The sponsor will be gone :P
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-29-2004 12:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: