What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Problem with sending messages

Problem with sending messages
Author: Message:
Mace

O.P. Problem with sending messages
I installed Msg Plus 3, and it worked for a little while, then after a few hours I couldn't send messages. Immediately after I clicked "send", it would say "Cannot send message: <message text>". Curious, I uninstalled Plus 3 and reinstalled Plus 2. It works fine.

Dunno why this is happening, so I thought I'd report it.
05-28-2004 03:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Problem with sending messages
You probably experienced a network problem. You can reinstall Plus!3, it was not the cause of the errors :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
05-28-2004 04:38 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Mace

O.P. RE: Problem with sending messages
With Plus! 2 everything works fine, but when I use Plus! 3 messages cannot be sent. Many of my friends have the same problem. Plus! 2 works, Plus! 3 doesn't. At least look into it, please :)
05-29-2004 05:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Well, I did but I confirm you again: this can't be related to Messenger Plus! :). Sorry about that, it's just that Messenger Plus! doesn't interfere in any way with the communication protocol of MSN Messenger. Do yo uget this error for every mjessage yo utry to send? you could try disabling Plugins, restart Messenger and see if it helps.
05-29-2004 05:50 AM
Varish

36 / Male / –
Do you get the messege cannot be sent error after the messege apparing at the conversation? or does is stright away tell you that the msg cannot be sent?
[Image: sig.png]
05-29-2004 06:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RicarDog

File Transfer Plus developer

– / Male / –
It happens to me and my friends too. I'm pretty sure the cause is MsgPlus and/or the Handwritting plugin, since it never happens when these are not installed. Not only with MsgPlus v3 but also with v2.

The problem does not happen all the time, it seems to be random. The problem is not the connection, since the error msg appears just after I press Enter, the text message is not even sent through the ISP. The problem persirsts for some time after the first error msg. And if I restart MSN or keep trying to send the message, then it works again.

I know MsgPlus does not affect the communication protocol, but since it filters all text that is sent (I think), maybe MsgPlus is aborting the process by an unknown reason. Another possibility is the Handwritting plugin. I've never used MsgPlus without it, so it's a good suspect. Another clue is: I can send hand-written msgs when that happens with text msgs.

I hope that helps.
Latest File Transfer Plus: 1.1 RELEASE (1.1.14)
In development: 2.0
05-31-2004 07:26 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
The Handwriting plugin is a BIG possibility. I suggest you to disable this plugin (inb the preferences of Plus!3), restart Messenger and see if it solves your problem. It is true that Plus! analyses the messages you send, however, if it crashes at that point, the message would simply not be sent and Messenger would never knwo anythign about it. If you get an error from Messenger, it means that your messages was analysed by Plus!, given to Messenger and Messenger itself sent back an error.
05-31-2004 07:47 AM
imran

42 / Male / –
Hi, i had msn 6.2 with latest plus installed and also the handwriting plugin. this caused me the same type of problem... instead i was unable to even open the chat windows.

after removing everything, i installed 6.2... it worked fine...
i installed plus, it worked fine...
so i believe its the handwriting plugin that was the error...

thanks
[Image: emule.jpg]
05-31-2004 03:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: