What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Let's settle this now and here...

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Let's settle this now and here...
Author: Message:
Maniac

Posts including T&T: 1684

37 / Male / –
O.P. Let's settle this now and here...
Ok.... i'm kinda mad right now, ive been looking all over the forums for a notifier that tells me when my contacts open/close their window, i found several threads about it, and thousands of links to millions of different places which in turn had billions of links

I downloaded several different ones and none of them worked....

I'm running on msn 6.2 with Plus! 3.00

Someone plllllease one and for all post a notifier that works (oh and please don't link me to a thread... cause i've seen them all and they haven't helped much)
[Image: maniacsig0pb.jpg]
*It took Jesus 3 days to respawn! Talk about lag!* :rofl:
05-30-2004 10:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Let's settle this now and here...
Instead of demaning something, it would be nicer if you told exactly what doesn't work for some individual notifier in the appropiate thread of that notifier, so that the maker(s) can fix it ;)

All the known notifiers are listed in this post:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21...d=205868#pid205868
if you have trouble with one of them then post about the problem in the thread of that notifier. (not in the thread where I listed them all). For the OpenConvo notifier there isn't a current "specific" thread, so you might want to create one. Or you could ask it in this thread, but change the thread title to something more specific then (like "Bug in OpenConvo-notifier") ;)

This post was edited on 05-30-2004 at 11:06 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-30-2004 11:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Maniac

Posts including T&T: 1684

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Let's settle this now and here...
Arg, ur the same one that got me lost in the forums with all ur link.... lets hope that one wont.... :p *click* uhhhh i already saw that and tried all of them none of them do anything...

wait maybe im just doing something wrong. Lets take wouter's plugin for example, i download it, put the files in the plugin directory, run install, restart msn.... now what? doesnt work

This post was edited on 05-30-2004 at 11:42 PM by Maniac.
[Image: maniacsig0pb.jpg]
*It took Jesus 3 days to respawn! Talk about lag!* :rofl:
05-30-2004 11:36 PM
lhunath

.{ Lord Daisy }.

39 / Male / –
RE: RE: Let's settle this now and here...
quote:
Originally posted by VGProManiac
Arg, ur the same one that got me lost in the forums with all ur link....
Lol, CookieRevised, you're too confusing appearantly; and your reputation keeps growing =P

Right, the OpenConv plugin worked with me; I'll let you know how to use it. (I'm guessing thats Wouter's one). What you do is, you download the zip; copy the dll to the plugin directory. Run the install.reg file and let it import the stuff in the registry (check if it says "Successfully imported the settings in the windows registry.")
After that, you need to register the plugin's DLL because it was made in Visual Basic. What you do is; you got to Start => Run..
There you type this :
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\OpenConvo.dll"
(Change the path to whatever it is on your PC, I don't know that ;) most likely the same, though).

Then, you start MSN Messenger, and check if the plugin OpenConv is loaded in the Messenger Plus! list.

Any problems, report as much info to us as you can about the progress. (As in, did the install.reg work, did the registration of the dll work successfully, does the plugin show in the list, etc etc..) so we can diagnose your problem carefully.

Good luck ;)
{ -[Image: lhunath.gif]- }
05-31-2004 12:31 AM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
It doesn't work....period.....I mean it's installed....but it doesn't do anything...Help?
[Image: 7.png]
05-31-2004 12:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lhunath
Lol, CookieRevised, you're too confusing appearantly; and your reputation keeps growing =P
I dunno what's so confusing about a proper post which lists all the known notifiers in 1 single post, including the threadlinks with info about them.

The thing that is confusing are all the many threads about all the notifiers with all the random questions, false-bugs, problems, etc... etc... which you must sift thru if you wanna find some info....

And I selected carefully which threadlink I used in that post. The threads give all the info that you need....

Of course, one should read my post or follow the threadlinks to know how to install or use them :rolleyes:.

And for the OpenConvo, which is just a download link that I provided, I gave install instructions (see quote) instead of a threadlink, because there isn't 1 single informative thread.

Again, one should read the instructions I gave and do what it says of course. If there are questions about it, one can search the forums (with "openconvo") or at least ask a simple question...

I don't think anything is confusing about that (if you only "read")...

quote:
4) A plugin for Messenger Plus! ("OpenConvo" by Wouter):
http://www.kaonet.net/page.php?id=54
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=219848
(Place the EXE and DLL files in your plugins directory, register the DLL and run install.reg)

;)

quote:
Originally posted by VGProManiac
i download it, put the files in the plugin directory, run install, restart msn.... now what? doesnt work
Did you register the DLL (regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\OpenConvo.dll"), like the instructions said?

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
It doesn't work....period.....I mean it's installed....but it doesn't do anything...Help?
* What doesn't work? Which plugin?
* What did you exactly do to try to install the plugin?

PS: I call the post from Chaotic_Shield confusing... This is what I mean with "post questions about a specific plugin in the proper thread and not in a thread which is about a list of plugins in general". And those posts are what's making searching for specific info about a specific plugin hard....

This post was edited on 05-31-2004 at 01:54 AM by CookieRevised.
05-31-2004 12:56 AM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
Cookie: The ENTIRE PLUGIN DOESN'T WORK. It doesn't do anything. It doesn't even show up in the plugin list. I followed instructions like a good boy and now it doesn't work. I registered the dll and used the install.reg. Now what?
05-31-2004 01:32 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
Cookie: The ENTIRE PLUGIN DOESN'T WORK. It doesn't do anything. It doesn't even show up in the plugin list. I followed instructions like a good boy and now it doesn't work. I registered the dll and used the install.reg. Now what?
You still didn't say about what plugin you're talking about :refuck: Anyways, you're talking about OpenConvo it seems and if you registered the dll, executed install.reg and restarted messenger, then it normaly will show up in the list (I'm staring at it right now in Plus! 3.00.92 plugin preferences).

I guess nothing more can be said or given as instructions then what has been told already, without repeating everything. So sorry...

This post was edited on 05-31-2004 at 01:53 AM by CookieRevised.
05-31-2004 01:53 AM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
:$ I forgot to run the .exe. Sorry Cookie.
05-31-2004 01:54 AM
lhunath

.{ Lord Daisy }.

39 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I dunno what's so confusing about a proper post which lists all the known notifiers in 1 single post, including the threadlinks with info about them.
To them, the length, the proper grammar and the amount of thinking you need to do to succesfully read and understand what a normal sentence says rather than click a link, keep clicking next and having it working =P
Society these days.
* lhunath nods head in disbelief.
{ -[Image: lhunath.gif]- }
05-31-2004 09:43 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: